help with dcs1 questions

shudadunityonksago

i am in the middle of my dcs1 and 2 of the questions are eluding me can any one help ?

272 a muntjac seen in velvet in december must be ?

269 how would you describe the colour of an adult muntjac in summer coat ?

There may be more to come as its early days .:confused:

272, I don't like the question very much. The use of the word "must" is misleading. MOST Reeves Muntjac in the UK have acclimatised so that they are in velvet in mid summer, but that does not mean that ALL muntjac do this. They are an introduced species and having only been in the UK a little over 100 years, they still have many of the habits of their natural range (tropical regions mainly). Hence the continuous seven month breeding cycle, and the irregularities with antler growth.

Of course, to tick the box in the exam, the answer "must be growing his first set of antlers" would probably be the best fit, but if you are interested in learning about the deer a little further digging is required. Do the questions come with their multiple choice answers?

Yes , growing his first antlers is one of the options . Thanks for the swift replys guys . Stay tuned as i,m sure there will be more as the week goes on .

BE PREPARED , IT WAS,NT RAINING WHEN THEY BUILT THE ARC !

I wouldn't worry too much if you have a lot of questions that you can't answer just mark them down and when you get to your DSC1 course just ask the guy running it the answers on the first day. If anyone would know the exact answer it would be the guy that is gonna mark your paper.

try and get yourself a copy of the deerquest cd, flytie off of here kindly gave me a copy and i found it helped me greatly with my dsc1
regards, Jez.

do you not have the CD with the answers or the big book with the answers in the back?? As all the answers are in the book ,so if you read it you will find what you need.

Back