.243AI load data......

jayy2

.243AI load data......

im getting a .243AI very soon for use on deer and fox,i will be home loading for it just wondering what load data you guys use?its a 1 in 10 twist 25" barrel,preferbly one load for both species....sorry if this has been covered before
eek.gif
.....​

.243AI load data......

im getting a .243AI very soon for use on deer and fox,i will be home loading for it just wondering what load data you guys use?its a 1 in 10 twist 25" barrel,preferbly one load for both species....sorry if this has been covered before
eek.gif
.....​
\

As with all custom rifles with you must work up loads from the bottom. Start with midrange .243 loads and work from there. Why the 25" tube? Here in the states many gunsmiths will go as long as 30" for a barrel because.... it's hard to see much performance difference between the standard 243 and the IMP version otherwise.~Muir

I chose the twist rate as i wanted it to fire 68 to 95g rounds.

my favoured round was 85g Hp in both AI and standard plus i didn't want to wait.

I was going for a 12 twist but thought i would be limited to the lighter stuff and i had a 7mm-08 for the heavies.

Steve

Last edited:
hi try.80 grain btsp.with 44grain of winchester 760 rem primers set at 2.64 inch .good shootin ian.

Back