Thread: fac variation

fac variation

just going for a variation for a 30-06,just wondering if you need to have somewhere booked to get it on certificate,when it asks where you intend to use it.i have an open ticket but no deer on my land.also i have another gun on certificate but have not purchased it,do i need to re-enter it on the variation or will it stay on.cheers

unless you intend to use it for target only they will want to see a reason for you wanting it, ie, booked. paid stalking ? as to the unused slot it should stay on (I say should, mine has just gone back to get a .223 slot reinstated after it got mistakenly removed after a one for one variation )
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

If the spare slot (ie 223) been there a few years or on re-application ,it may be removed if not aquired. Unless you state otherwise, as what would you want something for with out a use !! As for the 30 cal, its a fair o' calibre to be 'wanting'.

Quote Originally Posted by wildpig View Post
    just going for a variation for a 30-06,just wondering if you need to have somewhere booked to get it on certificate,when it asks where you intend to use it.i have an open ticket but no deer on my land.also i have another gun on certificate but have not purchased it,do i need to re-enter it on the variation or will it stay on.cheers
    I hate to come across as jumping on a band wagon here but... What do you want it for?

Quote Originally Posted by MrYou View Post
    If the spare slot (ie 223) been there a few years or on re-application ,it may be removed if not aquired. Unless you state otherwise, as what would you want something for with out a use !! As for the 30 cal, its a fair o' calibre to be 'wanting'.
    nope it had only been there a few months and was specifically requested to remain, just an admin typo
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

thanks for replys,as for wanting a 30-06 dont want to get in to buying more than 1 gun so thought if i get this calibre it will be ok on the larger deer plus wild boar abroad.cheers