Browning Eurobolt?

Kalahari

I sort of know the difference between an A bolt and and X bolt but where does the eurobolt fit into the scheme of things? BWM don't seem to import them but they do appear to be available second hand over here.

Thanks in advance.

David.

I own the European, the predecessor of the Eurobolt. In the same lines as the A-bolt.
60° bolt lift, same magazine system, same safety. The trigger probably will be of the single set type ( mine is) . I think basically an A-bolt but with some european cosmetics to suit the market. Good light and accurate rifle.

I already tried to find out, on this forum, if the European would fit in a synthetic A-bolt stock, but never got an answer, so probably nobody ever tried it.

Thanks for that. Just that you can get different calibres in the different models which may help.

David.

The X-Bolt uses a flush mount composite straight feed detachable magazine while the A-Bolt uses a metal contained magazine that is removable from the floorplate. The X-Bolt has a different grip feel than the A-Bolt and the X-Bolt has a fore end swell for grip instead of the standard fore end of the A-Bolt. the X-Bolt also uses a new design safety system so you can open the bolt with the tang safely in the "SAFE" position to work the bolt. X-Bolt rifles have a new adjustable three-lever Feather Trigger system that offers the best feel on any Browning rifle.

Hope this helps a little.

Rgds, Buck.

the answer your question regarding the Browning Euro bolt is the shape of the Bolt and the action has a set trigger, I think it was one of their top of the range models, I have a eurobolt in 270 it had a Boss System fitted which set the barrel harmonics, at the time It had a 20'' barrel and it shot exceptionally well with 140grn sierra heads.I have recently
had a fluted stainless steel Border Barrel fitted to the action, this is a work in progress so I have not had a chance to shoot it yet. hope this is of use to you.:tiphat:

Last edited:
Thanks for this. So if I am not mistaken it is a very high grade A - bolt with a set trigger and different bolt handle.

David.

That's about it David I have had my euro bolt for seven years and before I had it re barreled it shot well enough with the 20'' barrel and set trigger although my gunsmith did a lot of work on the standard trigger as it had very heavy pull
now I have a an action after his work that I like very much and will not part from it.:D
uncle Buck has filled in gaps regarding stock etc.

Last edited:
Stock fit on Eurobolt answer

I own the European, the predecessor of the Eurobolt. In the same lines as the A-bolt.
60° bolt lift, same magazine system, same safety. The trigger probably will be of the single set type ( mine is) . I think basically an A-bolt but with some european cosmetics to suit the market. Good light and accurate rifle.

I already tried to find out, on this forum, if the European would fit in a synthetic A-bolt stock, but never got an answer, so probably nobody ever tried it.

I have Eurobolt in .243 calibre, and I ordered a synthetic stock (for a std a bolt short action) a few years ago from the states (try it now! good luck!). It fits perfectly, although of course I did epoxy bed it a bit better than the paltry mastic type bedding it comes with as the norm.
The one thing I did have to do was to sand/file a bit off the barrel channel as the stock touched on one side to get it free floating properly but I think the injection moulding on the stock had either warped it or was for a slimmer barrel profile - bit it was only in one little spot and less than .5mm so really not a problem. The only problem looking at all the specs on the european is the tang fit as I think it is a different shape. I would have though you could easily file it to fit or if it is too small use some acraglass dyed black and fill it in to fit and voila!
Just make sure you get the action length ( short or long) correct. Midway sell them in the UK, but they are damn expensive.

Back