Thread: advise pls poachers

advise pls poachers

hi guys/gals

need some advise pls having trouble with poachers on the land i shoot over they keep cutting the locks off, driving over the crops ,and taking deer.

ive contacted the police several times but there about as useful as a chocolate fireguard, all they say is we need to catch them at it, which i can understand.

ive sat up there undercover for several hours to no joy, they tend to come about 2/3am ish.

my next thought is trailcams to get them on cctv as there is one road in and out but i have no experience of a good one to buy.

do they flash when they take a picture/video ?

would the poachers have any way of noticing them eg lights on camera etc etc ????

as what i dont wont to do is spend lots of money on the trailcams if they can be easyily detected by humans

any advise would be great on what camera to buy etc etc

ATB

Dave
    Last edited by 223; 29-06-2011 at 18:01.

try this one it has black led`s that dont show any sign to humen or animals

http://www.bushnell.com/products/trail-cameras/

Try a plank of wood with 6 inch nails through it left in gaps in hedges or gateways just make sure the farmer knows about it !!
    Really pi--es them off and you normally find them scratching their heads in the morning !!

A friend of mine was having trouble with poachers, well pikeys actually.... so he layed a set of spike harrows upside down in the long grass just inside the gateway and left the gate open so they could just drive straight in.
    He checked every day for over a week to see if they had run over the makeshift stinger and just as he was about to move it (fearing that some innocent person or animal would injure themselves on it) he noticed tyre tracks in the grass running straight across his trap
    That was about 4yrs ago and to my knowledge, they have never been back.

I'm not saying this is what you should do, this chap has a reputation for dealing with the unwanted... he has also been known to trash a travellers caravan with a JCB
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

If some careless person happened to spill a load of felt nails in the gate ways behind the locked gates and then had to go home to get a sweeping brush to clear them up again and the poachers had been through in the meantime they'd be a bit miffed I would think,tyres being the price they are etc and if it happened more than once they'd be plenty p****d off and maybe go somewhere else. I would hope the person who spilt the nails would of course ring the farmer to warn him not to drive through the gates untill they'd managed to get back and clear them up.

Guess who gets the slow typing award

there seems to be a theme emerging....
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

It takes a bit of practice to get right but works atreat same as a big boulder placed in the long grass in the right location ! And they even have the cheek to come and ask to be towed off it !!!!!! i think you can guess the reply they got

Perhaps also if they saw a pair of "eyes" reflecting back at them out of one particular field they would be more likely to go into that field as well.
    Don't know if anyone has ever noticed but doesnt that strip off hi viz vests reflect well at night.

Rubber cats eyes work a treat to !!!