Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the going price for an A-tec CMM-4?

What's the going price for an A-tec CMM-4?

As per the title, any idea what the going price for an A-tec CMM-4 is?

and who's best to contact to purchase one.

Can they be sent by post or do they need to be sent to a local RFD?

Thanks in advance

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Between 220 and 300+.......

Depends on your location, I bought mine from Gregor in Tain, there will be others who can supply.

They do need to go on your ticket if it's for a firearm.

They can be sent to an RFD

Are they good? Yes, mine is on my 22-250, works a treat.

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

I was in the market for one.
    Having heard Roedinators on his 30-06 I was really impressed with the sound reduction and the light weight.
    However, since asking around, it has been suggested that the straight CMM4 hasn't got the volume enough to have good effect on anything over a .308 or at least not as good as one made with a bigger volume.
    I know they are modular but where/who has the spare modules for sale and at what price?
    Any suggestions anybody ?

'bout 120 trade

(alloy one)
    Last edited by j0e_bl0ggs; 30-06-2011 at 13:11. Reason: alloy

SD Regular
    Wasn't Jager SA on this forum offering them recently?

EMcC - Probably worth dropping a note to Jackson's?
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Jager SA was selling the A-Tec CMM6 which is steel and cannot be threaded with a spigot, not enough meat on the first section for the depth required for the spigot and thread.
    Spoke to Peter Jackson to try and get a first section for that particular model but it sounds as if it may take a long time or work out expensive, if possible to get one at all.
    I no longer have my trade contacts so am looking at RRP prices and it is horrendous, some are around the 350 mark
    The small alloy CMM4 is nearly 300 I would expect the trade price for that model to be nearer 100.

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    Jager SA was selling the A-Tec CMM6 which is steel and cannot be threaded with a spigot, not enough meat on the first section for the depth required for the spigot and thread.
    Spoke to Peter Jackson to try and get a first section for that particular model but it sounds as if it may take a long time or work out expensive, if possible to get one at all.
    I no longer have my trade contacts so am looking at RRP prices and it is horrendous, some are around the 350 mark
    The small alloy CMM4 is nearly 300 I would expect the trade price for that model to be nearer 100.
    You can dream on with that trade price

SD Regular
    Eddie - My apologies - I mix up the 4 and the 6 - and I own a 4..!! If we could get hold an unproofed one, it would be possible to use it as a parts donor - might be cheaper overall....? Or buy a second one for another of your rifle collection and move the sections as required (on assumption of calibre) to the rifle being used?

2428m - might be worth speaking to Steve Beaty at Ivythorn Sporting - I purchased mine from him at the lower end of the retail price range quoted previously......
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Quote Originally Posted by dodgyrog View Post
    You can dream on with that trade price
    I could well be dreaming but was making a rough guess from previous dealings with various distributors of Mods through the trade.
    Eric T R,
    The Alloy CMM4 has a different body thread to the Steel CMM6, I have tried it, that was something I was thinking of already.
    It looks as if I will be letting out an enormous scream in the near future when some lucky dealer wrenches the money out of my hand for whichever mod I decide to buy.
    Last edited by EMcC; 30-06-2011 at 18:11.

I could well be dreaming but was making a rough guess from previous dealings with various distributors of Mods through the trade.
    Eric T R,
    The Alloy CMM4 has a different body thread to the Steel CMM6, I have tried it, that was something I was thinking of already.
    It looks as if I will be letting out an enormous scream in the near future when some lucky dealer wrenches the money out of my hand for whichever mod I decide to buy.
    I recently acquired a new CMM4 from Norfolk Sporting Guns, and had my barrel threaded at the same time. Mod and threading came to a tad less than 260.
    I enquired with Jackson's Rifle about the possibility of addin extra modules and was told they retail at 40, but adding extra ones doesn't really make much difference to the performance. I found that hard to believe, but they are the ones who should know, so I kept my money in my pocket.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.