Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ken Clarke to clarify Self Defence Law ???

Ken Clarke to clarify Self Defence Law ???

With Ken Clarke's recent statement on the clarification of self defense, where does it leave things and what could it lead to?

With his statement that ''People are entitled to use whatever force is necessary, to protect themselves and there homes''

''A person has an absolute right to defend themselves and there home''

Could we end up seeing things going the way of America ???

Mr Clarke's brief interview can be found on the following link:-

BBC News - Justice Secretary Ken Clarke to clarify self defence law

Just seen it well done Ken I hope you stick to what you have said. I for one believe that once someone breaks into your property they should loose all their rights not to get hurt. They made a premeditated decission to enter and thus should know they have lost their rights to protection. There is no justification that I can see for them being in your property and with out doubt I would take on anyone who theatened me or mine. There is no way they whould get up the stairs any where near my wife and kids and if that means killing them by whatever means so be it.

Frankly I dont care if or who that offends its a statement of fact.

Mark
    STALKING. WILD BOAR IN FRANCE. SOLE UK AGENT FOR BACONNES DOMAINE DE CHASSE. TRAINING. DSC 1 COURSES AND DSC 2 WITNESSING. FIRST AID FOR STALKERS.
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
    www.stalkinginengland.co.uk Stalkers online shop at www.deerstalkingequipmentandclothing.co.uk
    www.hunteurope.co.uk or contact 01728 745066 during office hours.

your a brave man and i'm sure many of us on here feel the same, but stop short of saying so publicly. I do however hope that ken sticks to his guns and share the view that someone in an unlawfull act should lose the right of protection from the law during that crime, if they break in they must be prepaired for the consequences, whatever they might be.
    There are parts of the law that state that it's an offence to stand by and watch a crime being commited without acting, and that you have the right of self defence, it's about time they were used in the right context to protect the innocent, then criminals would think twice and crime rates would fall for fear of the consequences if caught in the act. Also it's about time the CPS started using the NOT IN THE PUBLIC INTREST clause to stop stupid prosecutions for this sort of thing.

It's about time that people started saying what they feel and not pussyfooting around an issue wondering who might hear them. So WELL DONE MR CLARKE! We will hold you to your word!
    Our society is all the worse for firm standards not being respected. It's time the pendulum was pushed back into balance instead of being in favour of stupid political correctness and the like.
    Silence = cowardice IMHO in this respect.

Ian

[QUOTE=bunwell wood shoot;234045]Just seen it well done Ken I hope you stick to what you have said. I for one believe that once someone breaks into your property they should loose all their rights not to get hurt. They made a premeditated decission to enter and thus should know they have lost their rights to protection. There is no justification that I can see for them being in your property and with out doubt I would take on anyone who theatened me or mine. There is no way they whould get up the stairs any where near my wife and kids and if that means killing them by whatever means so be it.

Frankly I dont care if or who that offends its a statement of fact.

+ 1
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

I don't think that the CPS would hesitate prosecuting you if you used a fire arm in the act of self defence against a home invader. This idea will never get onto the statue books as is. you can bet your last penny on it.

All this will lead to is an increase in tw&ts being armed when they come into your house as they will expect you to be armed too.

I would be more interested in having the right to set non lethal defences in the home there are some pretty good non lethals out there that will stop short of killing an invader.

Unfortunately this will come down to minimum force so if you execute scum breaking in to your property armed with their fists you will be in the wrong.

That is week liberlism for you

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by CWMMAN3738 View Post
    your a brave man and i'm sure many of us on here feel the same, but stop short of saying so publicly. I do however hope that ken sticks to his guns and share the view that someone in an unlawfull act should lose the right of protection from the law during that crime, if they break in they must be prepaired for the consequences, whatever they might be.
    There are parts of the law that state that it's an offence to stand by and watch a crime being commited without acting, and that you have the right of self defence, it's about time they were used in the right context to protect the innocent, then criminals would think twice and crime rates would fall for fear of the consequences if caught in the act. Also it's about time the CPS started using the NOT IN THE PUBLIC INTREST clause to stop stupid prosecutions for this sort of thing.
    To be honest its got nothing to do with being brave its about protecting those closest to you and I dont think that anyone in that position would do anything differant. Its human instinct to protect your family. Surely whether armed with a gun , a knife or a cricket bat if no more than out of fear of the unknown most would have a go and the up shot is that it could prove fatal for one or the other. But to let it happen without even trying I believe is unlikly in most cases. Its just a case of making sure the right one goes to prison after the event.

Mark
    STALKING. WILD BOAR IN FRANCE. SOLE UK AGENT FOR BACONNES DOMAINE DE CHASSE. TRAINING. DSC 1 COURSES AND DSC 2 WITNESSING. FIRST AID FOR STALKERS.
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
    www.stalkinginengland.co.uk Stalkers online shop at www.deerstalkingequipmentandclothing.co.uk
    www.hunteurope.co.uk or contact 01728 745066 during office hours.

All in all there seams nothing different in what ken clarke says, other than, in his stament he uses the word "necessary force" in stead of " minimum force".
    it still means you WILL get prosecuted for taking any action that results in the permanant bodily harm or death of an intruder. what the bill is more likely to give you, is the probability of not being able to be sued from the intruder themselves, in relation to the instant justice you gave them.

time to welcome back the old fashion gaurd dog