No more mr. nice guy

stalkinginengland

Well after the pilchard problem (see bait stations for foxes) I spent every morning and night waiting for the fox. And it kept coming in the dark. So I took the plunge and bought a Pulsa NV scope and while there are still problems with it I have still to rectifie I killed the ******* with it. Over the moon or what.:D:D:D:D:D

Mark

Last edited:
well the way i see it its the price half a driven day or one gun dog training day so as it had already killed 60+ I saw it as an expensive tool of the trade. Not only that but I saw another so off out to kill that too and then as far as I am concerned that piece of kit is then making money.

Mark

well the way i see it its the price half a driven day or one gun dog training day so as it had already killed 60+ I saw it as an expensive tool of the trade. Not only that but I saw another so off out to kill that too and then as far as I am concerned that piece of kit is then making money.

Mark

mark I totally agree.
those not deeply involved in the machanics of game shooting only see a few dead birds.
we on the other hand see hours of labour lost as well as the end product..... a quality driven bird been worth £20-£45 a piece. work that out as 60 birds.
1 less shoot day is a big chunk of profit and makes all those unpaid extra hours seem worth it.

Ginger barstewards

Hey come on the fox he must have you clever chaps beat its not only the water thats soft down that way :rofl:.

Totally agree, it doesnt take much working out that if it saves 50 poults it pays for itself.

I wouldnt be without night vision nowadays, it has helped towards increasing the number of foxes I shoot drastically.

Trouble is im ending up helping out neighbouring shoots alot with the lamp shy buggers which is causing alot of ear ache from the long haired general over how little time I stay at home....sheer bliss rather be out stalking and foxing

Good news

It payed of in the end, been thinking about getting one of those for ages, are they worth the money for them, thinking about putting it on a 223, hope your tally goes right up now:)

Well to be honest I was not happy with one we had in the past , fact it was cr@p but that said I had to do something. The write up on the Pulsa was very good and I went for it.

I could not believe the clarity and distance on the first night. The only problem so far is that it is made to fit on a weaver rail and at the moment it is on my sps 700 varmint so is extreamly heavy. The idea is to fit it onto my 222 fox which is much lighter but as I say the rail is wrong so I cant get it sorted until my gunsmith gets back from his holidays.

I watched a feral cat the other night through it and it had no idea I was there even though I was walking towards it no further than 30 yards away.

Mark

Is a bit of a Norfolk thing the Arse up cat. Farmer next door swears by it,keeper on huge estate nearby also uses the arse up method and now i have read about it on here. Now that:):) i live in Norfolk i think when i die i shall ask to be cremated.

Is a bit of a Norfolk thing the Arse up cat. Farmer next door swears by it,keeper on huge estate nearby also uses the arse up method and now i have read about it on here. Now that:):) i live in Norfolk i think when i die i shall ask to be cremated.

Im a leg man myself:D

Back