Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bolt Holder

Bolt Holder

I have been looking at this bolt holder made by RADAR but cannot find any dimensions for it to see if my parker hale 30.06 bolt will fit.
    My bolt has an overall length of 20 cm (8") and from underside of bolt handle to face of bolt is, 14 cm (5 1/2")
    Will this suit my bolt?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tnpic271.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	3.1 KB 
ID:	7802

Correct me if I'm wrong but you already have a bolt holder made by parker hale, specifically for your bolt and it can't get lost from the rifle!!

Id safe you money mate , taking bolts and mags out of guns is a bad habbit , one day you will forget one or the other , just be sure to unload your weapons

Quote Originally Posted by Dickyboy View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but you already have a bolt holder made by parker hale, specifically for your bolt and it can't get lost from the rifle!!
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble View Post
    Id safe you money mate , taking bolts and mags out of guns is a bad habbit , one day you will forget one or the other , just be sure to unload your weapons
    So neither of you ever travel with a gun in the car then, which you may have to leave unattended at some time ??

As for the bolt holder fitting, as 5 1/2 inches from face to lever is CZ about rimfire size I would say if you run any risk at all, it is of it being too long, which is not a bad thing.
    I have made my bolt holsters to fit exactly, which is why I now have 3 of them instead of just one that would fit any off them. Lol

Neil.
    Last edited by Hornet 6; 01-07-2011 at 23:25. Reason: spelling

There are other ones available, but if yours is found to be a bit short just cut the end neatly, some are open ended anyway, as to the nay sayers .........a few more views on this subject Bolt Carrier/Holder?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Contact Ash243 he will make you one.

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    So neither of you ever travel with a gun in the car then, which you may have to leave unattended at some time ??

Never leave a bolt with a rifle in a car unattended...
    Locking the bolt in the glove box is a sensible precaution but would be of no consequence if your car were to be stolen with your rifles inside...
    Last edited by JabaliHunter; 02-07-2011 at 11:06.

I do my upmost to ensure I won't leave the car with guns in if for an unforeseen stop the occasional time I just pop it in my pocket.

Also try to have some sense of humour!

I always ensure that when on the move in my truck that my bolt is removed and in its holder in my pocket. The magazine is never on the rifle until I am about to start my stalk and is removed and kept, once again in my pocket. If you need to leave the rifle in the car for a short period at least you have the bolt and mag in your pocket. Napier make a reasonable holder that will fit your bolt and it is cheap.
    Last edited by blunderbust; 02-07-2011 at 17:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Dickyboy View Post

Also try to have some sense of humour!
    I have a sense of humour thank you, but it tends not to extend to people offering unwanted and/or off-topic advice

Neil.