Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: ***SOLD** Dumfries / Galloway - Cull - Oct 08

  1. #1

    ***SOLD** Dumfries / Galloway - Cull - Oct 08

    Hi folks, I just heard from an outfitter that I've recently met and he's got some deer to cull in the Dumfries / Galloway area which seems too cheap to be true.

    One of his estates needs to cull approx 150 animals and this is for Does and Calfs only folks, although at 200 / day with the option to shoot pretty much what you see, well, it's too cheap.

    What he's looking for is to get a group of blokes together and go and deal with them all over the course of 2-3 days. Local B&B costs approx 35 a night and that's pretty much it.

    One thing though folks, this does need to be dealt with ASAP so if you're interested, please PM me with your details - cheers

    Roo
    www.TheHuntingAgency.com

  2. #2
    I understood that deer management in Scotland was all tickety-boo and done in the best interests of the environment and the health and welfare of the National Herd. I am intrigued as to where 150 does and calves suddenly came from and how the management plan went so far awry. Perhaps someone more experienced could explain how that happens?

    This looks and sounds like crisis management, not planned management. Rather bizarrely the people asked to solve the crisis are expected to pay for the privelege.

  3. #3

    Re: Dumfries / Galloway - Cull - Oct 08

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHuntingAgency
    Hi folks, I just heard from an outfitter that I've recently met and he's got some deer to cull in the Dumfries / Galloway area which seems too cheap to be true.

    One of his estates needs to cull approx 150 animals and this is for Does and Calfs only folks, although at 200 / day with the option to shoot pretty much what you see, well, it's too cheap.

    What he's looking for is to get a group of blokes together and go and deal with them all over the course of 2-3 days. Local B&B costs approx 35 a night and that's pretty much it.

    One thing though folks, this does need to be dealt with ASAP so if you're interested, please PM me with your details - cheers

    Roo
    www.TheHuntingAgency.com
    200 a day that does not sound very cheap to me ,ye old stalker

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Country
    I understood that deer management in Scotland was all tickety-boo and done in the best interests of the environment and the health and welfare of the National Herd. I am intrigued as to where 150 does and calves suddenly came from and how the management plan went so far awry. Perhaps someone more experienced could explain how that happens?

    This looks and sounds like crisis management, not planned management. Rather bizarrely the people asked to solve the crisis are expected to pay for the privelege.
    Think there would be a few people from this forum who would be willing to help out an estate with their Deer management problem.

    Jonathon

  5. #5
    But to have to pay for it as well? After all it's the stalkers doing the estate a favour.

  6. #6
    Guys, you're right I'm sure, but not everyone has access to any kind of shooting, so while this may be too expensive for you, that doesn't mean that others may not consider this a bargain.

    As for animal management, again, I'm not going to perpetuate this thread with a reply, if you're not interested, that's cool and I fully understand.

    Finally, this is sold now - sorry for any of you that were interested, we don't get cancellations very regularly and having had two parties of hunters cancel, this was an unforeseen opportunity that I posted here in good faith. At 200 / day, there's no margin in it for me and I was simply looking to help an outfitter out and extend what I still think is cheap hunting, out to the membership here.

    Jonathon, thank you, much appreciated. I've never (to my knowledge) met you or Viking, Ye Old Stalker or Bandit Country, and while I really hate to make assumptions, I can only imagine these three have free / cheap access to stalking where they are - good for you guys, enjoy it, savour it even, but just because that's your reality, doesn't mean there are not many others who are not in such a position.

    Finally, what I dare not confirm until I had further clarification last night was that this also includes some young stags too - which is a nice bonus for Phil and the Guys who snapped this up within 10 mins of hearing about it - wasn't too expensive for them, and 3 of them live in Scotland....

    I'm really reluctant to post more stalking deals here now following this thread - and who could blame me!

    Have a great day folks.

    Roo
    www.TheHuntingAgency.com

  7. #7
    Grantoliver
    Guest
    hi

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHuntingAgency
    Jonathon, thank you, much appreciated. I've never (to my knowledge) met you or Viking, Ye Old Stalker or Bandit Country, and while I really hate to make assumptions, I can only imagine these three have free / cheap access to stalking where they are - good for you guys, enjoy it, savour it even, but just because that's your reality, doesn't mean there are not many others who are not in such a position.


    www.TheHuntingAgency.com
    I am in no such position at all. And find the inference insulting.
    And even in Norway you can get top class
    red deer stalking including accomadation and guide for less than 200/ day.
    And considering this 'offer' is supposedly to help out an estate at the last minute, to me it sounds more like they are in need of financial help rather than culling.

    But that is just my opinion.

    Deer in Norway

    Nok 1250 with accomadation+ guide/ day
    Nok 1550 with accomadation+ meals+ guide/ day

    I have no commersial interest in this setup.

    Edited to add link.

  9. #9
    Don't be reluctant to post any more offers
    It has taken me many years to get the patches of ground I have.
    It just seems estates which have 'deer problems' only want to make a few quid out of it . If they have a problem there are plenty of stalkers that would be willing and greatfull to help out in any way possible. IMO

    Regards
    Jonathon

  10. #10
    For some of us it is the only way to get into stalking. I must admit the 200 story for helping out hits a soft spot, but then again, beggers can't be choosers and with an offer like this at least you would be able to take the opportunity to do some stalking. I have been searching the site, but there are not that many stalking opportunities offered. Just my .02

Similar Threads

  1. Stalking in Dumfries and Galloway area - early March
    By KevinF in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 19-01-2010, 14:47
  2. two scopes for sale now sold to mr kipling sold sold
    By wraith in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-01-2010, 02:22
  3. loupold 10x40 mk4 tactical sold sold sold sold
    By wraith in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-12-2009, 19:14
  4. Doctor Optic unpoint 3-12x56mm illuminated...SOLD SOLD SOLD
    By re'M'ington in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17-05-2009, 17:11
  5. 2.5-10x56 Schmidt & Bender Zenith SOLD SOLD SOLD
    By re'M'ington in forum Optics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14-05-2009, 22:59

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •