Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: .243 condition on my ticket

.243 condition on my ticket

I have a condition to only shoot my .243 with a mentor, whilst I have been over the last 2 1/2 years, i asked my FLO if he would remove this, to which the answer was no.
    They are asking for a DSC1 or mentor letter may do, my mentor said go and do the DSC1 but thats 300 !!
    Ive been also shooting a 17hmr and .222 for 2 1/2 years and the FLO has given me clearance to shoot muntjack with the .222.
    Ive have read on the forum that some people have had this condition removed, but how.

You need to start by asking for their reason for refusing to remove the condition in writing, then ask the FEO what the home office guidlines say about mentoring? It would be easier if your mentor would agree to write a letter but if he won't then you will need to get tough.

DSC1 is not compulsory and cannot be enforced.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Why won't your mentor write you a letter after that amount of time ?
    Spoke to a lad I know the other day, he told me that west mids wre going to take a fox condition for his .243 off him on his next renewal.
    It seems to me the firearms licensing dept. Just make it up as they go along.
    That said I am under Warwickshire and they seem pretty reasonable, so far any way.

Hope you get sorted one way or another.

ATB

Nick.

SD Regular
    I have the same condition on my ticket , have a word with george walace at the ngo he loves cases such as ours and is curently fighting lancs on my behalf .
    BE PREPARED IT WASNT RAINING WHEN THEY BUILT THE ARC

Quote Originally Posted by 2-dead-in-the-air View Post
    I have a condition to only shoot my .243 with a mentor, whilst I have been over the last 2 1/2 years, i asked my FLO if he would remove this, to which the answer was no.
    They are asking for a DSC1 or mentor letter may do, my mentor said go and do the DSC1 but thats 300 !!
    Ive been also shooting a 17hmr and .222 for 2 1/2 years and the FLO has given me clearance to shoot muntjack with the .222.
    Ive have read on the forum that some people have had this condition removed, but how.
    Just change your mentor to a more accomodating one who is prepared to put pen to paper detailing your relevant experience gained or shown in their presence..

Quote Originally Posted by nick100 View Post
    Spoke to a lad I know the other day, he told me that west mids wre going to take a fox condition for his .243 off him on his next renewal.
    It seems to me the firearms licensing dept. Just make it up as they go along.

ATB

Nick.
    I am surprised at that
    West Mids don't really tell you anything and even less likely to do so before they do it , especially if it means there may be a chance you will object to the condition being removed
    Plus considering that West Mids recognise a .243 as a suitable fox calibre if you ask for it
    Has your mate got this wrong as there are loads of FAC holders in the west mids with .243 conditioned for fox
    myself included and I hav only just renewed in the last 6 months

I always thought that part of being a mentor is the final letter to sign you off. It is he who needs to deal with this really or he is not finishing the job. Does he or doesn't he think you are ready to be signed off?

Their is no problem with my ability or safety ( ive been shooting shotgun for over 30 years ), he just feels that he could be responsable by the FLO if someting went wrong after him sending in a letter.

Sounds like he is worrying too much, else he should not have offered to be a mentor. Perhaps the FEO should have a chat to reassure him, as surely the final liability always lies with you.

I've always found Wiltshire first class to deal with but by the same token I imagine they are unlikely to change their view. I would suggest as has been suggested earlier either Change mentors or bite the bullet and do your dsc1. Then there will be no problem getting it removed.

Cheers

Rich