Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: reloading scales!!

reloading scales!!

reloading beam scales!!
    hi does anyone have a set of reloading scales they would like to sell,beam type,NOT lee ones,let me know please atb!!
    Last edited by karbon77; 04-07-2011 at 14:33.

still looking!

Quote Originally Posted by karbon77 View Post
    reloading beam scales!!
    hi does anyone have a set of reloading scales they would like to sell,beam type,NOT lee ones,let me know please atb!!
    Whats wrong with Lee then mate?

because there crap,plus i need a set that will work with a targetmaster trickler!!!

rcbs on bbs

RCBS 130 scales

Bought by myself on 01/06/2011 so one month old, I have used these to load ten rounds then was given a set of RCBS 505. I've compared the scales and theres nothing in it with regards to accuracy and repeatability, it I didn't have the 505's I'd happily keep them, 38 posted RMRD saving you about 10 on a new set, come in original box with instruction etc.

pete

Last edited by MrYou; 04-07-2011 at 19:28.

got a set now,cheers

Quote Originally Posted by karbon77 View Post
    because there crap,plus i need a set that will work with a targetmaster trickler!!!
    Sorry that I asked!

Quote Originally Posted by old man View Post
    Sorry that I asked!
    Despite the fact that the Lee might work and be accurate I got rid on mine years ago as I found them fiddly to use. Now use an old set of Lyman 500 scales with a set of undampened CH scales as a back up check scale. I swapped the CH scales for a pair of H4 bulbs about 12 years ago.

Fiddly to use, perhaps, but I found them to be very accurate. At $28 a unit, a person on a budget (as many US shooters are) will learn to use it. I did. As to accuracy, the Lee was more accurate and has better dampening than my RCBS 505 when judged by my incomparable Ohaus Dial-o-Grain beam scale.~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    Fiddly to use, perhaps, but I found them to be very accurate. At $28 a unit, a person on a budget (as many US shooters are) will learn to use it. I did. As to accuracy, the Lee was more accurate and has better dampening than my RCBS 505 when judged by my incomparable Ohaus Dial-o-Grain beam scale.~Muir

Muir I passed on the Lee scales to a shooter/reloader who was struggling with finances. I find the C-H and Lyman easier to use notice I didn't say more accurate just easier to use. Same as right now I use Lee powder scoops for reloading as I don't have room to set up my Uniflow......................... The scoops I brought new the Uniflow. Lyman 500 scales and even the RCBS Rockcrusher were all acquired used.