reloading scales!!

karbon77

reloading beam scales!!
hi does anyone have a set of reloading scales they would like to sell,beam type,NOT lee ones,let me know please atb!!

Last edited:
rcbs on bbs ;)

RCBS 130 scales

Bought by myself on 01/06/2011 so one month old, I have used these to load ten rounds then was given a set of RCBS 505. I've compared the scales and theres nothing in it with regards to accuracy and repeatability, it I didn't have the 505's I'd happily keep them, £38 posted RMRD saving you about £10 on a new set, come in original box with instruction etc.

pete

Last edited:
Sorry that I asked! :zzz:

Despite the fact that the Lee might work and be accurate I got rid on mine years ago as I found them fiddly to use. Now use an old set of Lyman 500 scales with a set of undampened CH scales as a back up check scale. I swapped the CH scales for a pair of H4 bulbs about 12 years ago.

Fiddly to use, perhaps, but I found them to be very accurate. At $28 a unit, a person on a budget (as many US shooters are) will learn to use it. I did. As to accuracy, the Lee was more accurate and has better dampening than my RCBS 505 when judged by my incomparable Ohaus Dial-o-Grain beam scale.~Muir

Fiddly to use, perhaps, but I found them to be very accurate. At $28 a unit, a person on a budget (as many US shooters are) will learn to use it. I did. As to accuracy, the Lee was more accurate and has better dampening than my RCBS 505 when judged by my incomparable Ohaus Dial-o-Grain beam scale.~Muir

Muir I passed on the Lee scales to a shooter/reloader who was struggling with finances. I find the C-H and Lyman easier to use notice I didn't say more accurate just easier to use. Same as right now I use Lee powder scoops for reloading as I don't have room to set up my Uniflow......................... The scoops I brought new the Uniflow. Lyman 500 scales and even the RCBS Rockcrusher were all acquired used.

And so says me Sir!

There's nothing complicated about using Lee scales, just check and reset zero before use and there won't be any problems, temperature and atmospheric pressure changes daily and this alters your readings, don't forget, 1/10 of a grain is 1/70,000 of a pound in weight, very, very fine, and the lee scales will give you accurate readings every time, if used properly.

There's nothing complicated about using Lee scales, just check and reset zero before use and there won't be any problems, temperature and atmospheric pressure changes daily and this alters your readings, don't forget, 1/10 of a grain is 1/70,000 of a pound in weight, very, very fine, and the lee scales will give you accurate readings every time, if used properly.

Complicated .............. Nope but I still say fiddly compared to my Lyman or C-H ;).

Back