Thread: Bipods

Bipods

i have a harris ultralight bipod but need another for my second rifle.
    Should I get another harris or is there another make worth investigating?
    thanks for any help.

Hi,

Not sure if there are any other bipods out there. But you can;t go wrong with a Harri sBipod. Have you looked at the Harris Swivel pods?

Bipods

I agree you cant go far wrong with a harris tilt bipod. I use two, a 9-13 and a 13-27. the 13-27 probably gets the most use and most of the time when I am using the 9-13 it is on the full extent any way.

Dave

I had the desire for a Bi-pod and found one made by Caldwell. It has legs that extend, it tilts, swivels and allows the sling to be attached to it. Now, I have no idea how this differs to a Harris Bi-pod in execution, I do know though that it was far less expensive than a Harris.

John

I used to have bi-pods on all my rifles but now i only have one it,s a Harris cant remember the number but it tilts and has three sections so it can be used prone or sitting i tend to use sticks these days plus it only takes a few seconds to mount the bi-pod on any of my rifles.

Bambi Basher
    Quote Originally Posted by JAYB
    I had the desire for a Bi-pod and found one made by Caldwell. It has legs that extend, it tilts, swivels and allows the sling to be attached to it. Now, I have no idea how this differs to a Harris Bi-pod in execution, I do know though that it was far less expensive than a Harris.

John
    Hi JayB

I have Harris, Stoney point and Caldwell bi-pods, the main difference between the Caldwell and Harris is the way the legs deplore, the Harris are far quicker you just pull them out and they clip into place or they spring out on there own.

With the Caldwell as you know you have to pull out the legs and lock off the collar to keep them in place. The thing I like about the Caldwell is the lack of weight when compared to the Harris.

The ideal bi-pod IMHO would be one with legs that you could deplore with the speed of a Harris but weighed the same as the Caldwell and as the Caldwell is aluminium it does not rust so thatís another advantage.

B-b

I bought a Versa Pod from Cabelas some years ago. I liked the idea of bing able to mount it on different rifles.

Opinion: Don't bother, bloody awful. Too slack and wobbly.