Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Probably my strangest fox.

Probably my strangest fox.

I shot a cub this morning.
    off the ramp in the quarry, it was swimming, in view of us all. We had finished foxing and gone in there for some long range practice at 0730.
    all walking in and talking i saw 2 large cubs playing tig. I ran up the big ramp (50ft) for a better veiw. 1 made the wood the other a reed bed. 2 of the boys walked him out, to our supprise he jumped into the lake and swam for it.
    40m's free hand from above.
    162gr from the rem mag.
    i hit it just behind the withers it soon sank.
    the water splashed 10ft high, and then looked like the telly after a great white had taken a seal pup.
    Last edited by www.yorkshireroestalking.; 03-07-2011 at 10:08.

That just feels unsporting!
    "There comes in the dead of night a hand of cold steel that plucks the German sentries from their posts"
    WSC 1942

Nice one John,Its a pitty you hadn't caught it on camera.I once watched a fox chasing growers(Ducks) around a lake in the scottish borders,It was swimming around and around till it was too knackered,it climbed out,give itself a good shake then my mate Nick shot it with .22250.I dont think ill ever see that again,A one off.
    Atb John.

I was out with digger 9523 last evening, we sat up in an old orchard, we Shot a fully grown dog fox and a vixen cub just as it was getting dark, the fully grown vixen and another cub were there, the cub was hit with a 58g bt and it opened up the stomach, they were grazing on fallen cherries, it's not a food source that springs to mind when thinkig of foxes? anyone seen them eating anything else unusual?

Tikkat3

Was out pigeon shooting one day and had been stood under a tree and had fired quite a few shots.Heard some rustling in some ivy and got ready expecting to shoot a squirrel,when all of a sudden a fox came down the tree.Bowled him over with the 12

Quote Originally Posted by RickoShay View Post
    That just feels unsporting!
    I suppose if john had waited till it was in a release pen it would have been better and more sporting would it? If you had had the problems that I have over the last 2 weeks and done the hours tring to kill a bloody fox killing your birds, you may look at it a bit differantly. Good one john keep up the good work.

Mark
    STALKING. WILD BOAR IN FRANCE. SOLE UK AGENT FOR BACONNES DOMAINE DE CHASSE. TRAINING. DSC 1 COURSES AND DSC 2 WITNESSING. FIRST AID FOR STALKERS.
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
    www.stalkinginengland.co.uk Stalkers online shop at www.deerstalkingequipmentandclothing.co.uk
    www.hunteurope.co.uk or contact 01728 745066 during office hours.

Well done John, I said I had a feeling about some cubs.
    Facemiester

Quote Originally Posted by bunwell wood shoot View Post
    I suppose if john had waited till it was in a release pen it would have been better and more sporting would it? If you had had the problems that I have over the last 2 weeks and done the hours tring to kill a bloody fox killing your birds, you may look at it a bit differantly. Good one john keep up the good work.

Mark
    Absolutly Mark, I do seek sport from my work where I can but a job must be done at the end of the day.
    As far as I was concerned, today after well over 2,000 foxes to my own gun that was for me probably one of the most sporting.
    I thought it was great.
    In the day I have gassed foxes and never thought about sport.
    The old saying "only good fox is a dead fox" is true in most gamefarmers/keepers minds.
    Sport shouldn't enter into our heads really.

Quote Originally Posted by FACEMIESTER View Post
    Well done John, I said I had a feeling about some cubs.
    Facemiester
    well one was shot in there last sunday also.
    1 left now.
    3 does were seen this morning from the seats but not that buck, he must be up in the rape.
    He will now keep till the rut.

Free hand at a moving target.
    I would say that was quite sporting