Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheap Roe Carcass trays

Cheap Roe Carcass trays

Lo folks,

Just been pressure washing my roe carcass trays and thought it would be a good idea to post & maybe help someone out who is looking for a cheap alternative for the back of the pick-up.

Underbed storage boxes 4.95 from Ikea

Fits in the Hilux a treat

Cheap, easy to clean and perfect for Roe

HTH

Cheers

Rigboot

thats just what I dug out the other day, think mine is square and slighter shallower though. does the job!

they look good what size are they 4ft x2ft and about 6inches deep.

I go there for a chuckle once a year to watch the droids, conveyering around.... But, just what you can find ,is quite a suprise with a little imagination ......oh no droidisms creaping in.......wont be long before im plugged into the pod !! Not...

After seeing this thread I popped into Ikea yesterday when on the outskirts of Edinburgh

I picked up 2 large trays similar to these but slightly shallower. They do look a bit more robust though. i also picked up 4 trays half the size which look about perfect for laying beneath beasts in the larder to collect drips. Total cost was 18!!!

The large tray measures 30''x22''. The large carcass tray that Bushwear sell is only larger by 3'' and 1 1/2'' respectively and costs 55!!!

The trays are borderline suitable for small Sika but perfect for Roe. As long as I can get the front end of a Sika in the tray any spillage stays in it so I am not fussy about the slightly larger size.

Thanks to the original poster, I have picked up a genuine bargain(s).

Well worth the visit to Ikea on the pretext of telling her your going to get nice things for the house...

And I thought I'd done well with a cememt/plaster mixing bath from B&Q for about 17. The Ikea one makes me start to look ripped off
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry mac View Post
    And I thought I'd done well with a cememt/plaster mixing bath from B&Q for about 17. The Ikea one makes me start to look ripped off
    Still cheaper than those sold as 'made for purpose'...

Quote Originally Posted by Harry mac View Post
    Dont feel ripped off Harry mac, I have used both the Ikea and plasters baths, and I have to say they both fit different purposes.
    The Ikea ones are great but are a little brittle in the cold, but are a good size for Roe and Muntjac, although I have had Fallow in mine, and are great they are not to big.
    The plasters bath are great for long trips to scotland, they will hold 4 or 5 Roe and even a good sized stag, and are very robust, and I can get two in the back of my Navara.

I use an Ikea one to take the skinned Roe carcases to the Butcher - - clean and easy.

JR

To keep in the back of the motor I use one of the seed trays from the local garden centre and sit in one of those car boot liner bags which is the same size with the carry handles and it does just the job all for under 10.

By three methods we may learn wisdom:
    First, by reflection, which is noblest;
    Second, by imitation, which is easiest;
    and third by experience, which is the bitterest