Out with 6pointer

Redneck

For the purposes of my post 6pointer will be called D.
This morning i was out with D for the second time in the last few days doing my level 2.
I am not personally a great fan of blow by blow accounts so bear with me and i will give you the barebones of two fantastic mornings.
I am a recreational stalker who has over the years assisted in Deer management, i think that a great deal of stalkers fall into that category.
D is a deer manager, short and sweet that is the fact.
I had two stalks on different ground with D watching, not missing a single thing and just adding a comment or two and the pertinent questions.
got a buck each morning both young 6 pointers, lovely condition beasts.
Both stalks involved identifying the animals selected for cull (gender obviously) ensuring safe shot backstops and stalking into to good practice distances for humane shot placement.
D watched the grallochs and again just passed relevant comments and asked questions as we went.
While it was great for me to pursue my level 2 the compentance and knowledge from just talking to D made my mornings a truly wonderful experience.
I am definitely not one of the "young ones" i have been around a while and seen a bit and i can honestly say my friend D is a genuine good fella and a first class stalker.
Just to finish theres a story attached hwen i l;eft my watch behind after gralloching, D went back with a friend and got it totally of his own initiative.
Thats what its all about.
Cheers
Redneck

Well done on your stalks. Heard about the watch:p Bit of a panic was it not. :scared: D in person does not quite match his forum personna.

Well done, thats how level 2 stalks should be conducted with the candidate being well prepared it provides feeling that they have accomplished something, and feeling secure with their witness just makes it easier, it makes just as good a read as a "blow by blow account" well done and well done Davie.

You were lucky two deer on two stalks and got your watch back.

John

Well done to edd first of all but its not over yet one more stalk of the same quality and there will be no problem at all. The fact that you enjoyed your self makes me feel i have not over faced you with what is required and i have also given you just enough information about the area that was required by you to stalk in a manner you might do on your own ground. But my feeling is because you new what to do and when to do it that made you feel comfortable and that makes for a confident stalk. (IT DOSE HELP IF THE DEER PLAY BALL AND WE DID HAVE A FEW SHOW THE FIRST MORNING )The watch well he hasnt got it back yet and i am sure it would fetch a nice price on Ebay lol. The mention of the Roedale moderator had me cringing abit but thats a bit of history nothing to do with the shooter.;)

PS YOU NEVER MENTIONED THE DOG LOL

Well done mate!!!
Sounds like mr pointer is a good lad! :)

Good luck with the 3rd beast mate ;)

ATB
Daz

Hey i have always felt i was a good lad just missunderstood at times. JAYB CD and JAMRAG Thanks for the show of support :lol:
I hope you three have a real nice roe rut (not)

good guy that knows his stuff .And thats what we need more off well done 6 pointer

Well done been out with Davie a good few times its always a good laugh he dont really take life to serious. But knows alot about Roe Deer.

Yep, shame he is not active on here any more...

It is, a little contraversal at times, but was not without good intent, he is passionate about his deer, the management of them and also understands the need for woodland protection. He brought alot to the SD, and many members have been out with him. He will go out of his way to help if he can, and he has.

6P, if you're still out there looking in, catch up soon.

TJ

He's a frank bugger (wee joke there, if you're reading CBS) with a cruel tongue and an almost unique sense of humour.... But.... he clearly knows his stuff and I for one would be very pleased to see him back here handing out his words of wisdom... and his other words too :)

Back