Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: show your cards chaps

show your cards chaps

after reading another post and seeing another members estimated fox kills i just wondered how many foxes each of us actually think we have killed over the years seeing as we all love to chuck in our 2p's worth when it comes to other peoples foxing stories and problems so i will be first to go and i hope people are honest

i'm 30 years old and i think i'm somwhere around 500 foxes under my belt with nearly everyone taken with a rifle

oh my god ive just seen how many posts ive posted spookey...............

Quote Originally Posted by sir-lamp-alot View Post
    after reading another post and seeing another members estimated fox kills i just wondered how many foxes each of us actually think we have killed over the years seeing as we all love to chuck in our 2p's worth when it comes to other peoples foxing stories and problems so i will be first to go and i hope people are honest

i'm 30 years old and i think i'm somwhere around 500 foxes under my belt with nearly everyone taken with a rifle

Nigh on 3000, probably only about 25% shot though.

I worked terriers from the age of 15 and had a .22 hornet from the age of 17. Made our own lamps in them days old rally spot light off a hilman imp was te first real good lamp then moved on to bigger and beter. How many Foxes i have no idea but lats just say i hope i dont meet them all in the here after or i am in real deep do do .

I stopped trying to recall how many a very long ways back, gone through a good many Barbour's with the wet batteries, probably a fox for every little pinhole! Started doing em in with a side by side ten bore, using a car spot lamp clipped under the barrels. 2&1/4 ozs of shot either side!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by sir-lamp-alot View Post

All depends on the senrio, are you foxing for fun and pleasure, trying to do some good pest control or doing it for a job day in a day out and your livelihood depends on it.

There are those who will always kill a hell of alot more foxes than others because they are very good at what they do and have perfected their methods over the years, those with access to more land than others with a greater chance of being successfull because of that.
    I could go on and on, and if someone wants to estimate !!! then let them what harm does it do.

When I first started keepering the first job I had was to run snare lines, there were that many that it took me over half the day every day to check them, and id like to think that I would have taken more foxes in those days, but fox numbers were alot lower there than where I am now.

Every year fluctuates, this year is a mega year yet last year I didnt kill half what I have done this year already and I have no idea what numbers i've taken over the last 23+ years at the job and only this year thought id record what id taken, but if I added up eveything taken with snare, terrier, cymag when it was legal, shotgun and rifle it would im sure be an awful lot.

I really could not say but it has to be 1000+. I know that the first year I came to this shoot I killed 136 and I have been here over 22 years plus I was getting them before that and since. I used to say that if I put a notch in the stock for everyone I killed I would only have the barrel left.

Mark
    STALKING. WILD BOAR IN FRANCE. SOLE UK AGENT FOR BACONNES DOMAINE DE CHASSE. TRAINING. DSC 1 COURSES AND DSC 2 WITNESSING. FIRST AID FOR STALKERS.
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
    www.stalkinginengland.co.uk Stalkers online shop at www.deerstalkingequipmentandclothing.co.uk
    www.hunteurope.co.uk or contact 01728 745066 during office hours.

fair comments chaps i only asked out of curiosity it just makes me wonder how many whom offer advice on fox control actually have been there and done it if you like thats all

Caught the first one when i was 14 , Im 44 now been keepering since school , i dont know how many ive had . I dont worry about dead ones , just getting the next one

Hunt terrierman for 16 years, then vermin driving from end of season, 8 years as keeper, rifle and snare, still rifle them on the estate I worked on, am 46 now, started when I was 16, wouldn't like to see them all in a pile!!!!!!
    Last edited by CRUMPY; 06-07-2011 at 05:03.

I started shooting and snaring foxes 57 years ago, skins were making good money then so i was doing it pretty well full time. One year I remember the total was 360 and I was annoyed I didn't get to the one a day figure. I used to keep records but as is usual that phase ended. I have keepered for a fair number of years and at one time ran a fox and rabbit control business. Looking back I regret not keeping records regularly, but I would hazard a guess at about 10,000.