Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Muntjac in Cumbria ?

Muntjac in Cumbria ?

Just been talking to a mate who said a friend of his who works on a nature reserve near Barrow In Furness has seen a muntjac there,can he be right ?

Quote Originally Posted by tia View Post
    Just been talking to a mate who said a friend of his who works on a nature reserve near Barrow In Furness has seen a muntjac there,can he be right ?
    Been told they are in silver dale not confirmed though. Found a dead one in preston recently, but after further investigation found some in a private collection quite close

SD Regular
    I do a lot of wandering around Silverdale and ive yet to see any Munty , unless there at Holker Hall or some other over rated bankholiday private retreat .
    BE PREPARED IT WASNT RAINING WHEN THEY BUILT THE ARC

Some years ago one was found dead near Appleby, Cumbria.
    They had some in the park at Appleby Castle in the old days.

A private nature reserve in the Hawkshead area closed and I was told some had been released into woods in that area.

HWH.

if its round barrow I would expect they have escaped from the local wild animal park. After all a Rhino managed it so why wouldnt a Muntie!!

Quote Originally Posted by shudadunityonksago View Post
    I do a lot of wandering around Silverdale and ive yet to see any Munty , unless there at Holker Hall or some other over rated bankholiday private retreat .
    Maybe if you did more looking than just wandering, you may see more

Tia
    A very good chance

I live in silverdale as a few chap's know from here i have never seen muntie's or heard of anybody see in them. Roe, red and fallow is all i have seen. Quite a few people mistake them for young roe. Even when i speak to Mr Standing he has never heard or seen munite's.
    If any body who lives close by or visits wood like to meet up for a chat and a beer in my good local that wood be great if we could get few together.

I will be up at the crack of a sparrow's fart this weekend for a wander around just to see will let yo know.

SD Regular
    Weeman , wood that local be in the wood ies ?
    BE PREPARED IT WASNT RAINING WHEN THEY BUILT THE ARC

Of course i have many happy memories in there but never no memories from there to home, what a cracking pub it is at 2.40 for a pint of real ale.