Muntjac in Cumbria ?

tia

Just been talking to a mate who said a friend of his who works on a nature reserve near Barrow In Furness has seen a muntjac there,can he be right ?

Just been talking to a mate who said a friend of his who works on a nature reserve near Barrow In Furness has seen a muntjac there,can he be right ?
Been told they are in silver dale not confirmed though. Found a dead one in preston recently, but after further investigation found some in a private collection quite close

I do a lot of wandering around Silverdale and ive yet to see any Munty , unless there at Holker Hall or some other over rated bankholiday private retreat .

Some years ago one was found dead near Appleby, Cumbria.
They had some in the park at Appleby Castle in the old days.

A private nature reserve in the Hawkshead area closed and I was told some had been released into woods in that area.

HWH.

if its round barrow I would expect they have escaped from the local wild animal park. After all a Rhino managed it so why wouldnt a Muntie!!

I live in silverdale as a few chap's know from here i have never seen muntie's or heard of anybody see in them. Roe, red and fallow is all i have seen. Quite a few people mistake them for young roe. Even when i speak to Mr Standing he has never heard or seen munite's.
If any body who lives close by or visits wood like to meet up for a chat and a beer in my good local that wood be great if we could get few together.

I will be up at the crack of a sparrow's fart this weekend for a wander around just to see will let yo know.

Of course i have many happy memories:D in there but never no memories from there to home:doh:, what a cracking pub it is at £2.40 for a pint of real ale.:D

Cool, it wood be great if a few of us could meet up there for a few beers there is as you know a good b&b in the village were folk could stay.
PM sent.

The nature reserve was at Walney and deer was seen by a warden.As you say could be another escapee from wildlife park.We had Asian Otters here last year,guess where that came from !!

Back