Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: 224 bullet heads

  1. #1

    224 bullet heads

    Hi, Anybody got any 40g or 45g bullets in .224 that they dont want and wish to sell on? Thinking about making a very very fast load for foxing. Drop me a PM Cheers STEVE

  2. #2
    Regular Poster
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Leicester, Mansfield Grantham area
    Posts
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by stevienicknacks View Post
    Hi, Anybody got any 40g or 45g bullets in .224 that they dont want and wish to sell on? Thinking about making a very very fast load for foxing. Drop me a PM Cheers STEVE
    I have 543 x 40gn V Max (No 22241) - I will sell the lot for 80
    I also have a kilo of N130 for 65

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by 325wsm View Post
    I have 543 x 40gn V Max (No 22241) - I will sell the lot for 80
    I also have a kilo of N130 for 65
    PM sent

  4. #4
    Hi mate, tried some 40gr blitz kings in the 22250 @ 4108fps
    had a lot of runners bullets did not penatrate well.
    settled back on 50gr barnes vlx's hp's from york guns.
    brill head. and on offer.
    used 400 now and just got another 400.

  5. #5
    hi
    sorry have non for sale but i use 40grn vmax and they are devastating on fox out to 200 yards but thats in a 22-250

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by dully1963 View Post
    hi
    sorry have non for sale but i use 40grn vmax and they are devastating on fox out to 200 yards but thats in a 22-250
    Its 22.250 Im going to use them in.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by www.yorkshireroestalking. View Post
    Hi mate, tried some 40gr blitz kings in the 22250 @ 4108fps
    had a lot of runners bullets did not penatrate well.
    settled back on 50gr barnes vlx's hp's from york guns.
    brill head. and on offer.
    used 400 now and just got another 400.

    Hi John, Mine shoots 50g Blitkings well but its a 20 inch barrel with a 1/14 twist so thought id give the 40g a try. If I start to see runners ill move back up. Its a very light rifle (model 7) so a little twitchy, just be good to see what a few lighter loads will group like.

Similar Threads

  1. For Sale bullet heads
    By foxman in forum Reloading
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 24-02-2011, 11:14
  2. Bullet Heads
    By patjack in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 13-02-2011, 19:34
  3. Wanted .224 60g, 65g or 70g bullet tips
    By 204 Ruger in forum Reloading
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 20-11-2010, 15:14
  4. For Sale 224 Match Bullet Heads For Sale
    By schmidtman in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 19-06-2010, 09:07
  5. 223/224/264/311 heads
    By MrYou in forum Reloading
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29-12-2009, 22:14

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •