Thread: More things seen when you ain't got a gun!

More things seen when you ain't got a gun!

Travelling the truck up the M6 on Wednesday morning, around 11.45, just below Lancaster uni, right next to the crash barrier, head down feeding studiously, a fine Roebuck, could have leaned over the barrier & patted him on the head!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

left hooker was it lol

Crossing Cannock Chase two days ago at about 1400 hrs, a probable medal head on a superb Fallow Buck feeding within 15 yards of the road. Still there on return an hour later.
    As fat as butter, a coat shimmering in the sunshine and enough velvet for a pair of trousers what more could you wish for?
    Thank goodness most people look but don't see.

Yesterday saw 7 roe on my daily commute from Bristol to Taunton. Several kids with does and a lovely doe head peeping up from some very ripe barley.

D

Another Roebuck, this Wednesday am, next to the hard shoulder, this time lower down nearer Billsborrow .
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Another Roebuck, this Wednesday am, next to the hard shoulder, this time lower down nearer Billsborrow .
    I see a couple roe quite regular heading North M6 like you said Lancaster uni on the left hand side as the woodland starts.
    Finnbear have you seen the nice roe buck just before J35 on ledt hand side around the maize crop ?

Thry must be the fattest roe about ive seen them nearly everytime ive been down that way for the last couple of years they are aways feeding

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Travelling the truck up the M6 on Wednesday morning, around 11.45, just below Lancaster uni, right next to the crash barrier, head down feeding studiously, a fine Roebuck, could have leaned over the barrier & patted him on the head!
    there are plenty of roe deer here. ESPECIALLY around the uni. I am on the case to find the land owner and put myself forward...

I was driving up I-90 ouitside of Arrow Creek, Montana two days ago and saw three mule deer bucks lying in the gall grass on a sprit of hay field that came within 50 yards of the highway. Al three had beautiful, large racks. Glad I don't shoot bucks any more...Muir