Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Roe Does - Wiltshire - November

Roe Does - Wiltshire - November

Hi all, Mr Personality returns with more cheap stalking!

OK, so I've met with a decent chap called Bill Boyce who's got this place
    http://www.lowerrowfarm.co.uk/ and he's got Roe stalking in Wilts.

It's 65 / day per hunter and while Bill prefers to go 1;1, there are several other chaps that stalk with Bill so modest groups can be accomodated too.

November see's him culling Roe Does, plus there may be the occasional Muntjak too, possibly fallow, but rarely.

Cost per Doe is 65 and if you'd like to keep the carcass, wholesale rates apply (circa 35 / Roe with the fur and feet on)

As before, there's no margin for me with this and I've already booked 5 days for myself and my pals to go and do this - as a paying client, it's my hobby too!

If you're interested, fell free to PM me and I'll pass on Bill's details, or contact him directly, and please mention me if you do!

Have a great weekend!

Roo
    www.TheHuntingAgency.com

Sounds good to me, can I confirm 65.00 per day? How many animals for this and is there a charge for each animal shot?

"Sounds good to me, can I confirm 65.00 per day? How many animals for this and is there a charge for each animal shot?"

I'd like to know too, please.

Yup, 65 / day is your outfitter rate or daily rate and then on top of this it's circa 65 / Doe shot. If you'd like to keep the meat then it's circa 35 a carcass (wholesale-ish price)

When I booked this for my pals, I told them to budget for circa 200 for the day on the basis of getting a couple, but this is the price.

Can't remember if I posted Bill's contact number, but it's

Bill Boyce - 01373 834329

Cheers

Roo
    www.TheHuntingAgency.com

Thanks Roo, too dear for me I'm afraid.
    A place I went last year was 100 a session and shoot all seen.
    Some shot none but the majority shot at least three with the odd five and in one case, seven!!
    That has now been sold 'en bloc' to a very rich gentleman so is no longer available, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC

A place I went last year was 100 a session and shoot all seen.
    Some shot none but the majority shot at least three with the odd five and in one case, seven!!
    That has now been sold 'en bloc' to a very rich gentleman so is no longer available, unfortunately.
    100 - how long was a session? Did they get to keep the 7 animals?

England, a large country south of the Scottish Border
    Call me a suspicious old b***ard but this all sounds very spooky to me.

"outfitter" etc we dont use those terms in the uk, and the 'offers' always seem to be "sold" as soon as questions get raised, 65 per day + 65 per doe + 35 per carcass !!!!!

It might appeal to a novice or a sucker and thats where I think you are aiming it. Good luck (I dont mean that) I dont mind paying for stalking but your prices are a joke IMHO.

well iam very much a novice,how much is the going rate for roe does?

I looked at a couple of outfits up here in the north and the rate for Roe was about 65 per stalk whether you got anything or not, and you had to go on two 2 stalks am and pm.

If you got anything (or shot at anything which you didn't recover) you had to pay for the carcass on top.

If you wanted to be accompanied it was a bit more.