Back home

sikamalc

Administrator
Site Staff
Sorry to all those that have been trying to contact me over the past 2 weeks, but I have been on the west coast of the States.

Am now back, but along with Sandra am sporting a few aches and pains as we were both involved in a serious car crash on the second to last day of the stay. Needless to say we both escaped with minor injuries, however my american friend who was driving is still in hospital and although his injuries are not life threatening they have kept him in for observation.

On the plus side we visited both Cabelas in Boomtown near Reno, and Bass Pro near San Francisco. Picked up some real bargains, including another VXL for $701.00 :D

I have caught up with the Pms sent to me, and look forward to catching up with some of you in the near future.

Sikamalc

Welcome back Malc :thumb:

Glad you and Sandra are ok, sounds like it could have been a lot worse! :eek:

Alex

I have spoken to the man himself today, he is fine well enough to have banned a couple of people :D and as I type he is attending a wedding, as a guest! He is like one of them tarts drinks, shaken but not stirred :eek: although his lips are a bit sore after kissing the airbag :p

John

Thanks guys, and also thanks for the phone calls. Apart from a few cuts and knocks I am ok, and Sandra is also sporting a few bruises.

Having made a few visits to both Cabelas and Bass Pro over the two weeks we came home with some nice goodies. Have to say the cost of living appears to have shot up in USA. Whilst there are still good bargains to be found in both the above stores, I couldnt help but notice that the cost of food has risen dramatically and people are having problems selling their properties.

Hi Malc, glad you and Sandra aren't too seriously beaten up and sorry to hear about your friend, hope he is fully recovered soon.

I think you are right about the cost of living in many places such as the US where the price you pay on the shelves and the underlying commodity prices are better correlated. We at least can squeeze our supermarkets so the price rises are,to an extent, cushioned!

All the best from Geneva!

Scrummy

Back