Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conyers, Blandford - what a joke!!

Conyers, Blandford - what a joke!!

I just got off the phone to Conyers in Blandford. I was enquiring about a rifle advertised on Guntrader. First I spoke to the shop hand who knew nothing about it then I spoke to the boss who was thouroughly unhelpful and obviously not at all interested in making a sale or even being polite!

Needless to say I won`t be calling them again no matter how good the price...

Gun Shop in Blandford

I have never had any dealings with the Blandford shop, however Town & Country in Botley are closing I understand at the end of the month, the place seems to be staffed by part time chaps at the moment & I have to say that I am not very happy that they have managed to loose the Mag from one of my rifles in storage in addition to the simple fact that I always get a different chap on the phone every time I call them & none of then inspire me atall!

The Old Place has gone to the dogs since "Angry Dave" left!

Regs Lee

SD Regular
    So what Gunshops are left in the area? - It can't just be Greenfields in Salisbury can it - I can't picture any others?

I really don't get shops that give poor service - are we such a captive audience that we don't need a bit of TLC?
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    I won't name and shame, but I have emailed 2 dealers within the last week about rifles that are advertised on their web page and on Guntrader, emailed direct and emailed via the "contact" link on their web page. Not heard from either of them, their loss, cash waiting, slots available.

Not overly impressed to say the least.

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    So what Gunshops are left in the area? - It can't just be Greenfields in Salisbury can it - I can't picture any others?
    I have always split my 'toy' shopping between Botley, Chichester Armoury (who I have always found to be very good although their focus is more on Shotgun side of shooting) and the occasional visits to Chaplins in Winchester or Lambert & Wiltshire in Ringwood.

Portsmouth gun centre always have a lot of rifles and steve will always do a deal on anything, I heard botley has been bought as a going concern ?,

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    So what Gunshops are left in the area? - It can't just be Greenfields in Salisbury can it...
    There's Sportarm in Dorchester. Always find them friendly and helpful.

Greenfields are always worth a visit, if only for the "view"...
    /l\ Y gwir yn erbyn y byd /l\

The sportsman gun centre is just north of Dorchester as well so not all bad

Dave

Gun Shops

I do hope that Town & Country Botley has been taken on, as its local to me & they have always been fine, it was great to pop in & see "Angry Dave" just for the entertaiment Value of how rude he could be to other customers!

I could always just drop in for a cuppa & pick up some ammo & use their bench to bore site a rifle if I needed to.

They always properly looked after me & I had some cracking deals on rifles from them over the last 2 years.

If they close then it will have to be Greenfields I Guess.

Regs Lee

Green fields is a good shop,and I have never found them to be more expensive than anyone else.