Thread: CLA discount tickets

Thumbs down CLA discount tickets

as i am not working at the cla this year ,i will have to buy a ticket i am taking my nephew for his first cla ,he is just back from afghanistan do service personel get a discount, cannot see anything on the website

Why should they?

after seeing some of the stuff the guys and girls go through abroad whether front line or not they should all get a free pass imo .

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    after seeing some of the stuff the guys and girls go through abroad whether front line or not they should all get a free pass imo .
    i agree

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    But where do you stop? Nurses? Teachers? Firemen?

They do a dangerous job, but they signed up for it knowing the consequences. If they've just spent 6 months on tour they have been earning money with little opportunity to spend it. They probably have more in the bank than most of us!

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    But where do you stop? Nurses? Teachers? Firemen?
    They do a dangerous job, but they signed up for it knowing the consequences. If they've just spent 6 months on tour they have been earning money with little opportunity to spend it. They probably have more in the bank than most of us!
    Prison Warders, Police etc etc.
    They all do a good job that can be dangerouse at times and they are not in a position to shoot back.
    I live in a Military environment and have had my share of Military service and from what I know and have seen, they don't seem to do too bad.
    The only ones that struggle a bit are the younger ones that need a bit of 'Money Management' training.
    I could say more but I don't want to start an argument.

My employer offers discount to all military personnel, comparing them to a police officer or nurse etc is a insult, the most dangerous job in the uk is agriculture, but I would not compare myself to serviceman.
    But you have to remember that the CLA is not about promoting field sports but making money.
    Last edited by Taff; 09-07-2011 at 18:18.

save all the arguments ,i will buy it myself .thread closed