Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MAE T12 Moderator Anyone?

MAE T12 Moderator Anyone?

Hi there people!

Has anyone got a MAE T12 moderator ? If so what do you think of ir?

Thanks everyone

Andy

Quietest mod I've used but not the lightest
    www.anglocustomrifle.co.uk
    Anglo deer management and training
    Yet another 7mm 08 user ..................... if Carlsberg made calibers.........................

Quote Originally Posted by pierred View Post
    Quietest mod I've used but not the lightest
    Yup I found the same, marginally lighter than a T8, but that's not saying much is it

Neil.

Howdy mate yes have one on my .243,also have 8inch small cf on my .22 hornet,cant fault em ,one of the best out there I recon

Oh great! Think I will go for that then over the wildcat!

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Richmondestates View Post
    Oh great! Think I will go for that then over the wildcat!

Andy
    I would the wildcat is probably the worst I've ever heard and of looks like you've got a 3lt coke bottle on the rifle, when we are load developing and my mate is using his wildcat I wear ear defenders.
    www.anglocustomrifle.co.uk
    Anglo deer management and training
    Yet another 7mm 08 user ..................... if Carlsberg made calibers.........................

MAE T12 is the quitest I've heard - I currently have a DM80, I was on a DSC1 and heard mine against a Wildcat, ASE, and MAE T12 - ASE was pretty good but the MAE was miles ahead of anything overall! - easily the quietest, definitely the slimmest, quite heavy but doesn't unbalance the gun as it's a reflex design.

On my next variation I'm changing to an MAE T12 - JMS Arms seem to stock everything and they're not far from me

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyDoom View Post
    On my next variation I'm changing to an MAE T12 - JMS Arms seem to stock everything and they're not far from me
    You don't need to specify the make and model of a moderator on your certificate, and JMS Arms hey, same RFD that told you to take your browning down the post office i wonder......

My first ever mod was a PES T12, it was large and clubersome(sp) when walking about.

I changed to a Ase Jet-z on my first stalking rifle and loved it. However it is not stainless and rusts at the first sign of moisture....

I then bought a 6mmbr and needed new mod. I realised that MAE were PES and looked into them. I bought the muzzle can an love it. Infact bought 3!

Also I have one of the only MAE Extreme cans for my .20Tac which is the same length as a T12 but muzzle mounted. By heck it is quiet and perfect for shooting fox from a motor.

All my future mods will be MAE. I have never seen one fail.

got one on my x bolt, fantastic bit of kit.. much more quiet than t8 or wildcat...
    regards, Jez.
    slowly slowly catch a monkey..