MAE T12 Moderator Anyone?

Howdy mate yes have one on my .243,also have 8inch small cf on my .22 hornet,cant fault em ,one of the best out there I recon:)

MAE T12 is the quitest I've heard - I currently have a DM80, I was on a DSC1 and heard mine against a Wildcat, ASE, and MAE T12 - ASE was pretty good but the MAE was miles ahead of anything overall! - easily the quietest, definitely the slimmest, quite heavy but doesn't unbalance the gun as it's a reflex design.

On my next variation I'm changing to an MAE T12 - JMS Arms seem to stock everything and they're not far from me :)

On my next variation I'm changing to an MAE T12 - JMS Arms seem to stock everything and they're not far from me :)

You don't need to specify the make and model of a moderator on your certificate, and JMS Arms hey, same RFD that told you to take your browning down the post office i wonder......

My first ever mod was a PES T12, it was large and clubersome(sp) when walking about.

I changed to a Ase Jet-z on my first stalking rifle and loved it. However it is not stainless and rusts at the first sign of moisture....

I then bought a 6mmbr and needed new mod. I realised that MAE were PES and looked into them. I bought the muzzle can an love it. Infact bought 3!

Also I have one of the only MAE Extreme cans for my .20Tac which is the same length as a T12 but muzzle mounted. By heck it is quiet and perfect for shooting fox from a motor.

All my future mods will be MAE. I have never seen one fail.

Ive got one on my 243 and like it. It is a bit heavier than some other mods but when you factor in its stainless it will probably outlast them.

I have the T12 Scout which is shorter and lighter than the full blown T12

I have two rear barrel bushes and use it on my .22LR and WMR, .17M2 and HMR and my .243. It has a 6.5mm bore which is very close for the .243 but it works a charm.
I would like to be able to strip the baffles out as well but other than that it is very solidly constructed from a one piece stainless tube with TIG welded internals.

Got mine here. Top bloke, fits it while you wait.

http://www.stevekershawfirearms.co.uk/moderators.html

You don't need to specify the make and model of a moderator on your certificate, and JMS Arms hey, same RFD that told you to take your browning down the post office i wonder......

Unfortunately my licence does the model of my moderator on there :(, I know you're right and when I let them know I do just state "Moderator" and "calibre".

Nope wasn't JMS arms who told me that - it was the RFD at my local rifle club! I actually called JMS Arms for initial advice on this and he said it was crap but I should double check with BASC and then maybe my FEO!

What issues ?
Mine had a really crap thread and crown job from the factory.
All OK now after a trip to Mike Norris.

Neil. :)

The threads where the bases screw into the action have threaded - it was particularly cold when it happened but surely this shouldn't be happening regardless of temperature?

Also the magazine feed is lousy!

yes i dont really like the way the mag feeds either, wasn't sure if it was me trying to reload too quickly though? other than that everything seems ok!
regards, Jez.

Strange, mine feeds extremly well, better than anything else I have ever used, mine is a .223.
As for the the scope base threads, well mine is fine, although the screws (particularly the screws) and bases that came with it were crap.
I now use Leupold double turn in rings and bases which are great.

Neil. :)

Back