Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Moderator

New Moderator

Chaps

I think I am going to buy a moderator for my 243 ai. I have a northstar on my 308 but want something lighter . Needs to be end can as I don't want any marks on my barrel. Suggestions please

Atb Steve

ATec CMM4 or Roedale Delta IV are your lightest options as far as I know. With a .243AI I would look at the option of getting a couple of stainless baffles for the blast... Don't think anyone is making titanium moderators now except Lawrence Precision, but they are reflex type.

Are there any stockists of the cmm4 in the south east ?

Atb Steve

I have the Atec Cmm4 and a Ase S5 both end of barrel mods.
    I would not buy the Cmm4 again Because :-

It gas cuts badly
    It is quite long
    The rifle i bought it for will Not shoot with it on ? But is a 20mm group at 100m with the S5
    Not as Quiet as the S5 or T8 it replaced.

Good Points :-

Very well made
    Very Light
    Small tube

If you feel the Ase S5 it to heavy for what you want look at something else steel as Aluminium Mods are not up to the job ( ps mine is less than two months old but internally looks very eroded )

Atb
    Colweld

Quote Originally Posted by Bordersman View Post
    Are there any stockists of the cmm4 in the south east ?

Atb Steve
    Know a man in stanstead Kent who stocks them steve
    www.anglocustomrifle.co.uk
    Anglo deer management and training
    Yet another 7mm 08 user ..................... if Carlsberg made calibers.........................

Quote Originally Posted by Bordersman View Post
    Chaps

I think I am going to buy a moderator for my 243 ai. I have a northstar on my 308 but want something lighter . Needs to be end can as I don't want any marks on my barrel. Suggestions please

Atb Steve
    ASE UTRA SL5 sounds like it meets all your requirements. I have one on a .308 and am so far very impressed with it.

Hi Also have an ASE SL5 on my 308 again very impressed with it. allroad

Have a look at the A-tec maxim have been using one on my new sako 85 308!!! and am very very impressed with it, good points are its light 370g it has alloy and stainless steel baffles so no gas cutting worries, its an overbarrel so keeps it as short as possible, add to all that its modular easy cleaned and if you want better supression just add extra baffles but its real quiet with the four thats supplied, bad points I honestly have not found any yet, it really is that good I have owned in the past T8,ase northstar,wildcat predator 8,a tec cmm4,the maxim beats em all easily!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jamross65 View Post
    ASE UTRA SL5 sounds like it meets all your requirements. I have one on a .308 and am so far very impressed with it.
    +1 on this. Regards JCS

Quote Originally Posted by splash View Post
    I have the Atec Cmm4 and a Ase S5 both end of barrel mods.
    The rifle i bought it for will Not shoot with it on ? But is a 20mm group at 100m with the S5
    Just curious, is that with any load developed for the CMM4 or with a load that was developed with the S5 and doesn't work with the CMM4? They are very different weights (220g v 580g), so all things considered it is not unreasonable that they would not shoot the same load with the same accuracy as the barrel harmonics will change.