Thread: The Game Fair is alive & well.

The Game Fair is alive & well.

Visited the Betley, (Nr Crewe), Embrionic game fair today, at first impression I thought a little salty at 10.00 per adult, but went on to be very pleased with the main arena displays, a guy who was an excellent gundog handler/trainer gave two displays , one a.m, the other p.m, the Falconry displays were worth the entry fees on stand alone value, I saw a gundog scurry area more vast than the one at CLA, & any future events could easily make use of a goodly sized lake for our fishing friends, Terrier racing & Ferret racing was held also, one ice cream van , two catering trucks, no chips, nice looking burgers with Jack Daniels dressings & salads, most importantly none of those bloody awful polystyrene drinking vessels!, a pack of 10 & half couple hounds, only two pitches not game fair related, really good chunk of rolling countryside, ample free parking, right up next to the arena's, many long dogs in evidence but you really could not tell the handlers who were running them, from those who were pet owners, & the one thing that stood out for me , was the cheery good mornings emanating from every single pitch. ............. I hope that the gate figures will be enough to encourage the organisers to stick with it, might even end up rivalling some of the bigger shows, the weather put the evil eye on, at around a quarter to two, catching out 98% of the audience.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Hi there , I know its a long time ago when you attended the Game Fair at Betley but thank you for the kind wright up as I am the owner and organiser of the show..
    Thank You
    Dave Ross..

You have a mate for life now Steve

It was a nice write up, so deserved a nice reply.
    Dave

Sounds good. When will dates for 2014 be decided? Cheers, K

Hi K , The dates foe 2014 are the 12th and 13th of July.. Come over and say hi if your coming down..
    Dave
    www.thegundogandgamefair.com

Great to see this hasn't gone away.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Might try and give this years one a go.

Quote Originally Posted by dave8492 View Post
    Hi there , I know its a long time ago when you attended the Game Fair at Betley but thank you for the kind wright up as I am the owner and organiser of the show..
    Thank You
    Dave Ross..
    Well done looks like you have found the correct recipe, and I hope you managed to make enough for it to be worthwhile repeating
    just noticed the date on the OP are you still up and running ???
    Cheers
    Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Ray7756 View Post
    Well done looks like you have found the correct recipe, and I hope you managed to make enough for it to be worthwhile repeating
    just noticed the date on the OP are you still up and running ???
    Cheers
    Ray
    http://www.thegundogandgamefair.com/