The Game Fair is alive & well.

finnbear270

Visited the Betley, (Nr Crewe), Embrionic game fair today, at first impression I thought a little salty at £10.00 per adult, but went on to be very pleased with the main arena displays, a guy who was an excellent gundog handler/trainer gave two displays , one a.m, the other p.m, the Falconry displays were worth the entry fees on stand alone value, I saw a gundog scurry area more vast than the one at CLA, & any future events could easily make use of a goodly sized lake for our fishing friends, Terrier racing & Ferret racing was held also, one ice cream van , two catering trucks, no chips, nice looking burgers with Jack Daniels dressings & salads, most importantly none of those bloody awful polystyrene drinking vessels!, a pack of 10 & half couple hounds, only two pitches not game fair related, really good chunk of rolling countryside, ample free parking, right up next to the arena's, many long dogs in evidence but you really could not tell the handlers who were running them, from those who were pet owners, & the one thing that stood out for me , was the cheery good mornings emanating from every single pitch. ............. I hope that the gate figures will be enough to encourage the organisers to stick with it, might even end up rivalling some of the bigger shows, the weather put the evil eye on, at around a quarter to two, catching out 98% of the audience.

Hi there , I know its a long time ago when you attended the Game Fair at Betley but thank you for the kind wright up as I am the owner and organiser of the show..
Thank You
Dave Ross..

Hi there , I know its a long time ago when you attended the Game Fair at Betley but thank you for the kind wright up as I am the owner and organiser of the show..
Thank You
Dave Ross..

Well done looks like you have found the correct recipe, and I hope you managed to make enough for it to be worthwhile repeating
just noticed the date on the OP are you still up and running ???
Cheers
Ray

Back