Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: callum fergerson 6.5x55

Account Suspended

callum fergerson 6.5x55

hi all
    dont know if any of you are after a 6.5x55 but guntrader has a callum fergerson rifle, up for grabs at 1950. got to be a bargain as a new one from him would be 7K. wish i had a slot for it, have a look its a cracking bit of kit.
    ATB sakowsm

one is enough gun for anybody!

very nice rifle at a bargain price. though I don't think I would pay 7000 for one from new. you could get all those bits and have a good smith put them together for a lot less then that.

Looks like callums price's have gone up a bit since he worked on my .22 Way back when he had his work shop in Langholm.
    Great work from the man though.

Bob
    "a man does good business when he rids himself of a turd"

If someone tried to charge me 7K for a rifle, I'd probably die instantly from laughter! How can these components accumulate to that much???

A. Stock - probably B&C, H&S, or MacM - 600 ish
    B. Barrel - Borders, Shillen, etc. - 500 to 1,000 ish
    C. Action - Predator, AI, or similar - 1,000 to 1,500
    D. Trigger - Jewel, Timney, etc. - 250

At MOST, does that (excluding the work), not come out closer to 3K?

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    If someone tried to charge me 7K for a rifle, I'd probably die instantly from laughter! How can these components accumulate to that much???

A. Stock - probably B&C, H&S, or MacM - 600 ish
    B. Barrel - Borders, Shillen, etc. - 500 to 1,000 ish
    C. Action - Predator, AI, or similar - 1,000 to 1,500
    D. Trigger - Jewel, Timney, etc. - 250

At MOST, does that (excluding the work), not come out closer to 3K?
    There are plenty of people still willing and able to buy his rifle's just because you and i do not or cannot afford too.
    Good luck to him on working hard and having a good buisness "Scooby doo's" don't come cheap last time i looked !!
    Bob
    "a man does good business when he rids himself of a turd"

Quote Originally Posted by reiver View Post
    There are plenty of people still willing and able to buy his rifle's just because you and i do not or cannot afford too.
    Good luck to him on working hard and having a good buisness "Scooby doo's" don't come cheap last time i looked !!
    Bob
    Of course, I just cannot imagine what on top of the components can put that kind of price tag on,, unless very exotic wood and extravagent engravings,,but I somehow don't think that's the case...LOL.

Of course, I just cannot imagine what on top of the components can put that kind of price tag on,, unless very exotic wood and extravagent engravings,,but I somehow don't think that's the case...LOL.
    PKL. As in many other areas, you get what you pay for. Good folk who stand by their work are few and far between. I would certainly buy a second hand Callum Ferguson rifle, confident in the knowledge the rifle will last longer than I will and shoot better than I can.

Regards JCS

Quote Originally Posted by jcampbellsmith View Post
    PKL. As in many other areas, you get what you pay for. Good folk who stand by their work are few and far between. I would certainly buy a second hand Callum Ferguson rifle, confident in the knowledge the rifle will last longer than I will and shoot better than I can.

Regards JCS
    I'm curious now, wonder if there's any pictures of his work kicking around..

I'm curious now, wonder if there's any pictures of his work kicking around..
    PKL. Pictures only tell half the story. Hands on is where you need to be. Regards JCS