Thread: Wild Boar with knife and Dogo.

Wild Boar with knife and Dogo.

Recently helped a friend abroad by taking a Wild Boar that had got into in a 200 acre breeding pen. Developing a taste for Mouflon lambs was proving expensive.

Snuck through brush until the boar was sighted - then slipped the Dogos. They held while I turned the pig and knifed it.

Apologies for the initial video quality - camera swinging on the end of a lanyard while Jo was running, didn't make for the most steady picture!

Enjoy - it's another hunting method that is appropriate on occasion. For those that are interested, the boar went 165lb on the hook.

Naturally, dogs and knives will not be everyone's taste - please do not click the link if you are of a delicate disposition!

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/...t=boaring1.flv

Rgds

IanF

I wouldnt like to get so close to a boar,

or the dogs for that matter.

Had a go at this in New Zealand not everyones cuppa!! but awesome when your up close and the hearts racing, hardest part carting the thing out of the bush.
    Cheers
    Dickie

The bit I don't get is why use a knife - why not simply shoot it?

Dogs milling around, rapid changes in position = a great chance to end up shooting one of your dogs. Either directly or with an exiting bullet.

Having tipped the boar, you are in a position to hold it and control it with not too much effort. From that position, controlled use of a sticking blade is not difficult.

Rgds Ian

Anybody ever stabbed themselves and not the beast?

Sorry to be a party pooper but the point of this video being on a stalking forum is ????????????
    Jonathon

Quote Originally Posted by 243varmint
    Sorry to be a party pooper but the point of this video being on a stalking forum is ????????????
    Jonathon
    Jon

File it under general interest - check the rest of the videos in this forum and you will find a couple others which do not strictly involve a man, a rifle and a deer.

Enjoy it - or don't bother clicking on the link. Either way - be happy with what you take from the site!

rgds IanF

I learnt something from this,

mainly not to go pig chasing with you, but still I learned something.