Thread: Buying days stalking

Buying days stalking

I have recently been granted a variation for deer calibre, my other centre fire cals will be "opened" next year but at present my deer cal states the usual " on land deemed suitable by chief constable.........etc. I do not have a mentorship condition.
    My question is if i pay for a day stalking do i have to inform my firearms dept before i go so they can check the land has been passed by a chief constable?

i have the same guff on my ticket... don't know how it works with lincs fuzz west merciaa told me that any piece of land i want to shoot over, be it by invitation or brought days i the land needs to be cleared by the big chief of the relevant force and i need written permission from the landowner.... load of old cobblers
    Regards, Jez.
    slowly slowly catch a monkey..

SD Regular
    Suggest the easy way forward is to ask the company you have purchased the stalk from whether the land has been cleared - it can be part of the contract with them. Some might say the more you hassle the bejesus out of your local FLO, the more likely he is to grant an open ticket to remove all the admin you are creating him......
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

E T R Is correct i had a chap off here out he was not ment to travel with his rifle but i gave his Force a call and all was sorted. Its easy . How would you ever get ready for lev two with out practice.

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    E T R Is correct i had a chap off here out he was not ment to travel with his rifle but i gave his Force a call and all was sorted. Its easy . How would you ever get ready for lev two with out practice.
    My thoughts exactly! i have recently passed my DSC 1

How would you go on if you book paid days in Scotland?... none of the land there has been "deemed suitable" as they say. So technically closed cert holders are breaking the law if they use their rifles in Scotland.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    How would you go on if you book paid days in Scotland?... none of the land there has been "deemed suitable" as they say. So technically closed cert holders are breaking the law if they use their rifles in Scotland.

Well I had a client from your part of the world the Wirral closed certificate telephone call from Cheshire police to confirm that he had made a booking they opened up his certificate did request that it was not to be a once off, he said that he intended to come to Scotland once a year they seemed to satisfied with that.

Normally if someone has been granted a FAC for a particular piece of land it would be deemed suitable for a similar calibre.

To say no land in Scotland has been deemed suitable is not strictly true, depends like many things on the force you are dealing with if you apply for certificate for small piece of land there may well be an inspection on a large estate it would
    be deemed suitable due to fact that rifles have traditionally been used on it. have never known of an estate in Scotland to be inspected but someone may know different, but have known of several farms and smaller parcels of ground that have been.

Also read somewhere on here that all FACs in Scotland were open, again not true know several people with restricted certificates , in fact when I was an estate stalker mine was restricted to the estate and other land deemed suitable by the Chief Constable of the area concerned, when I started contract stalking I got it completely opened up.