Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meopta scopes

Blog Entries

Meopta scopes

I have a Nighteater scope 6-25 x 44 on my .17HMR which is okay but suffers once I'm practising at our tunnel rifle range - Burred, unclear and halo image.

Up against my S&B 8x56 its a joke. I want to change the scope but as I use the rifle for vermin and range work I don't want to spend a fortune but want something half decent.

I'm looking at a 6-18 x 42 Meopta, has anyone got one of these and how does it stack up against a Schmidt?

well i used to do all my stalking with a meopta 7x50 up until 3 yrs ago when i got a 8x56 schmidt , and i have to say i couldnt fault it !

mine was an older model from the early 90's and was a gift from a keeper i used to help out and it was he who got me into stalking , it even still had the 20 yr guarentee in the box .

i would with out a doubt buy another one and would use it on any rifle

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

I've got a Meopta fixed 6x42 on my .243 and I really can't fault it.

Excellent optics at a very affordable price.

Regards

Ads

5/6 years ago I compared a Meopta 7x50 ( 1 inch tube) against a Swarovski 3-9x42AV ( also with 1 inch tube). The owner of the Swarovski was the second test person.
    We looked at a barbed wire fence at last light. We both agreed that the Meopta was better in low light. We both could see far longer the details of the wire, the attachments to the poles, etc.... Meopta excellent in my opinion.

I own two Meopta's, 1 S&B and 1 Swarovski

There is nothing between them!

superb scopes,& clarity, Swarovski crystal glass

Quote Originally Posted by MrYou View Post
    superb scopes,& clarity, Swarovski crystal glass
    Hi, are you saying that Meopta use Swarovski glass?...I havent heard that before

Quote Originally Posted by Frekie View Post
    I have a Nighteater scope 6-25 x 44 on my .17HMR which is okay but suffers once I'm practising at our tunnel rifle range - Burred, unclear and halo image.

Up against my S&B 8x56 its a joke. I want to change the scope but as I use the rifle for vermin and range work I don't want to spend a fortune but want something half decent.

I'm looking at a 6-18 x 42 Meopta, has anyone got one of these and how does it stack up against a Schmidt?
    Sorry but I am confused how can a scope which in your own words is:-

"Burred, unclear and halo image."

be OK?

Nighteater is Nikko Sterling and sorry but the modern Nikko Sterling's are poorly made. yes that is from personal experience too.

Now Meopta, yes I had to laugh as the comment about a 90's model being old as Meopta have been in the optical industry for a long time:-

Now that is an old Meopta rifle scope and yes the optics are clear . I also have a 7x50A which according to the poster here is also old.

Damned fine optics which sadly are more expensive now than they were . Not comparable with the modern Nikko rubbish in any way except that they both mount onto rifles.

Get a Meopta and find out what a scope should perform like........................... you will wonder why you waited and struggled so long .

both the meoptae that I use are excellent both fixed, a 6x42 and a 7x50.

Quote Originally Posted by devonoak View Post
    meoptae
    Now that, I like. New word
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.