Devon and Cornwall

maccer

After the comments about various police regions and the time they take to process applications and variation I was a bit concerned about the reports of delays at D&C.

However, I phoned them up and explained that I had a trip booked on Red Stags and was hoping to get my licence back in time. They said they would do their best. We went through the application in detail to make sure it was complete.

I applied to have my licence opened and to add a 300 win mag. I included a letter from my mentor to say I was competent and a letter for my booking in scotland

It took them 7 days, even though the letter arrived 2 days later. So hats off to them and a big thanks if they are reading this forum.:)

And did you get the 'one simple condition to cover all rifles' along with your open cert?

The firearms and ammunition shall be used for shooting vermin and ground game/fox/deer and for zeroing on ranges, or land and over which the holder has lawful authority to shoot.

So yes, pretty straight forward:)

The firearms and ammunition shall be used for shooting vermin and ground game/fox/deer and for zeroing on ranges, or land and over which the holder has lawful authority to shoot.

So yes, pretty straight forward:)

:thumb: Isn't it amazing that they trust us to decide that a .22RF can't be used on deer - there's more than just a few forces that could learn from them. All you need now is AOLQ and you've got the full set.

D&C have always been very cooperative and helpful as far as i am concerned. they are snowed under at the moment because of staff cuts etc: this is one of the biggest police areas in the country with, I believe, the largets number of FAC/SGCs. So they are doing OK.

Yes I agree. I think the hold up is on house visits for new applicants. I think they're really short of staff in that area.

D&C have always been very cooperative and helpful as far as i am concerned. they are snowed under at the moment because of staff cuts etc: this is one of the biggest police areas in the country with, I believe, the largets number of FAC/SGCs. So they are doing OK.

+1 on the above, never had a problem and very helpful.
Cheers
Richard

They are indeed snowed under.

My renewal is in, ran out middle of last month, and they are quoting a 3 months turnround.

Back