Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Many roe deer in Scotland - official

Many roe deer in Scotland - official

On the lunchtime Radio 4 news, so it must be true:

The Scottish Government has said that roe deer in Scotland are increasing rapidly and moving into urban areas where they cause a growing number of road traffic accidents.
    KevinF -

maybe they can't afford the commute anymore, given the rise in petrol prices...

Can't be true - it's not in the News of the World. Oh, hold on, wait a minute..................

Just scare mongering again JH up to his tricks he will be telling us next we need to have an Urban deer managment certificate to shoot deer in our own towns and if we dont we will need to get the SNH lads to do it at TAX payers expence.

Its the chaps who manage deer in north yorkshire that need to get a grip instead of growing them for clients and causeing accidents they need to stop playing at it and get them shot .LMAO

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-14068261
    Last edited by 6pointer; 11-07-2011 at 14:04.

On that note,

how many here are authorised to do deer management (culling) work for SNH (I don't mean you work for them)?

I am why??

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    I am why??
    Just curious mate - as I understand they sometimes rely on Non-employed stalkers to help them out with culling deer who are authorised/signed off by SNH. Might be a way to get some random stalking for those with DSC1/2 who don't have their own land....

Well i dont think i will get a phone some how i am well down the list of suitable people to cull for SNH.

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    Well i dont think i will get a phone some how i am well down the list of suitable people to cull for SNH.
    I got one, but not authorised by them, so had to pass the chance. Do you want me to bear you in mind for any future opportunities that arise I get made aware of here between the lothians and D&G?

No mate i dont want any deer stalking off them i have enough of my own any way i am a tax payer.