Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: West Mercia variation tunaround

West Mercia variation tunaround

Hi

Anyone had a variation in with West Mercia lately?

Sent mine in 8 weeks ago and still not even had a phone call. Just wondering how long they are taking at the moment?

Cheers

Rich

Hi mate sent mine in at the beggining oy may still not had anything back yet, phoned them last week and they said it wouldnt be long as they had nearly got to the end of aprils paper work. I only wanted a silencer swap onto another caliber. earlier this year it 2and a bit months to get a one for one variation from a.222 to a .243. There seriously under staffed.

Guess I leave it a while longer then before I give them a call....

Thanks for the reply...

understaffed and they are twats!
    regards, Jez.
    slowly slowly catch a monkey..

make it up as they go along

i sent ticket back in to get 25/06 slot i didn't fill. for a one for one to a 270 slot.

that was over 3 weeks ago. and still cant see why they havent sent it back out. i dont need a visit ? as i was offered to have a 270 off the feo in the 1st place.
    the land is past so its not like they have to check that.

i think most of the back log is down to poor com's in the office. they cant even get the forms on there site right. there are bits missing off them.

Last edited by jay 22; 13-07-2011 at 19:04.

My FAC runs out on 16th of this month, paperwork came through at start of May and I sent it back within a week. I called last week to see how things were progressing only to be told they are still dealing with applications received in January !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post
    My FAC runs out on 16th of this month, paperwork came through at start of May and I sent it back within a week. I called last week to see how things were progressing only to be told they are still dealing with applications received in January !!!!!!

Crikey!! they must be seriously under staffed

What they are doing is dealing with applications alternately. They are stored in date order received and they pull one off the top of the pile to process and then one off the bottom. That way they produce the best possible 'average' turnaround time - at least that's what I've been told by two FEOs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Country View Post
    What they are doing is dealing with applications alternately. They are stored in date order received and they pull one off the top of the pile to process and then one off the bottom. That way they produce the best possible 'average' turnaround time - at least that's what I've been told by two FEOs.
    Just be my luck to be stuck in the middle of the pile!!