A career in vermin control

be careful it could be a fox inside a sheep outfit :coat:

Jay you must be confused, as I recall the say'n is "a wolf in sheeps clothing" :D

Atb, Buck.

PS it dose look a bit on the small side for a wolf though!!!!

Last edited:
Classic catch.....Its usually cats, dogs and badgers I catch in my urban fox cages. Id like to link to that pic at UK Pest Controllers Org if thats ok

Classic catch.....Its usually cats, dogs and badgers I catch in my urban fox cages. Id like to link to that pic at UK Pest Controllers Org if thats ok

Thats fine mate although you might want to cut and paste it as I will remove it from photobucket at some point.

Have you ever heard of the "five freedoms" (there's actually nine the way they word it so I'll never understand why they settled on five)

Anyhoo, semantics aside, you've clearly captured an image of a botch up which removes at least five of the nine, so called, freedoms and judging by the mucky state of the trapped animal and it's pen, compared to the surrounding vegetation, it's been deprived of those "freedoms" for quite some time. I'm sure this was all an innocent mistake in which no harm was meant and the victim is recovering well, but the fact that you've placed this image on t'internet might land someone in a spot of "actionable" bother because in the eyes of some... mistakes like this can never be innocent. Such eyes as I refer to are bound to be monitoring sites like the Stalking Directory.

Just a thought and I guess you're lucky it wasn't a stripey pig or a bambi. People get even more worked up about those.

Have you ever heard of the "five freedoms" (there's actually nine the way they word it so I'll never understand why they settled on five)

Anyhoo, semantics aside, you've clearly captured an image of a botch up which removes at least five of the nine, so called, freedoms and judging by the mucky state of the trapped animal and it's pen, compared to the surrounding vegetation, it's been deprived of those "freedoms" for quite some time. I'm sure this was all an innocent mistake in which no harm was meant and the victim is recovering well, but the fact that you've placed this image on t'internet might land someone in a spot of "actionable" bother because in the eyes of some... mistakes like this can never be innocent. Such eyes as I refer to are bound to be monitoring sites like the Stalking Directory.

Just a thought and I guess you're lucky it wasn't a stripey pig or a bambi. People get even more worked up about those.

Jesus, what a world.

Jesus, what a world.

Aint it just... Sorry mate.

I daren't tell you even a fraction of the things we used to have a laugh at here (on the farm) none of it malicious, all of it totally verboten now though...

One thing that happened recently I will tell about. Last Thursday it was tipping it down in epic proportions and then, during a lull in the rain, my wife came stomping over the hill, obviously unamused, to tell me the SSPCA (Scotland's answer to the RSPCA) were here. Incidentally, I was busy finishing up on the digger, making a new wildlife pond at the bottom of some woodland we just planted earlier in the year. "What's bothering them?" I asked, when she finally got close enough. You've been ("anonymously") reported for having cattle in a field with no water she replied. Well, it wasn't so... on any terms... but even if it had remotely been possible you would have thought the flooded fields might have given the inspector a clue that maybe somebody was taking a loan of her. Anyways, I walked the half mile back to speak to her and unfortunately she didn't see it that way at all and proceeded to try and give me a pep talk. Bloody ridiculous woman... So, they're out there Howa, don't ever forget it and given half an excuse they'll keep flinging it till some sticks.

By the way, they aren't even our cattle, they belong to a tenant, they're doing great and somebody must have had a right royal laugh, though I'm not entirely sure yet at who's expense... Jeez... usss, indeed. :D

Last edited:
Back