Thread: Hanoverians at the Game Fair

Hanoverians at the Game Fair

One of my continental friends is planning to breed a litter from his working Hanoverians later this year. Both parents have FCI pedigrees and are actively working dogs that do plenty of tracking.

To my knowledge this will be the first Hanoverian pups that themselves will have full recognised FCI papers when they come to the UK next spring under the new quarantaine rules.

I asked him and he agreed to sell some to the UK but only to handlers who give them plenty of work.

Have not discussed price with him but that is definitively secondary to a good working home ie well under 1000.

He will be at the Game Fair on Friday and Saturday morning.

If anybody has in interested please send me a mail.

I have to ask....
    If these dogs are so good, registered etc, why is the breeder coming all the way to the UK to sell them cheaply? Just curious as I am selling some Labs with full registration, but would not take them abroad, for less money, however " good" their new home was going to be!

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncs View Post
    I have to ask....
    If these dogs are so good, registered etc, why is the breeder coming all the way to the UK to sell them cheaply? Just curious as I am selling some Labs with full registration, but would not take them abroad, for less money, however " good" their new home was going to be!
    Is the breeder selling, or offering to sell them, for less here?

Less than a 1000 might be less than our often, rarity value, inflated prices.... but, just as a matter of interest, how much would a properly bred Hanoverian pup normally be sold for on the continent?

I have to ask....
    may be its not always about the money !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tamus View Post
    Is the breeder selling, or offering to sell them, for less here?

Less than a 1000 might be less than our often, rarity value, inflated prices.... but, just as a matter of interest, how much would a properly bred Hanoverian pup normally be sold for on the continent?
    Breeder agreed to sell some in the UK because I ask him. As you know I am very keen to get Hanoverians with proper papers in this country and this seems a perfect opportunity.

The "official" price for a pup from the Verein Hirschmann is Euro 700. But this is a bit academic as it is very very difficult to get hold of one.
    Have heart stories that hounds without papers went for 1000 +.

I have to ask....
    Breeder is not coming to the UK to sell them but I persuaded him some months ago that the Game Fair was worth seeing.

My idea of him meeting potentially interested people came later.