Which scope ??

25-06 Rem

Hi all

Im picking up a Tika T3 in .243 next month, which will be used for Fox / Roe & muntjac. Im used to zeroing out to 300 yds so i guess this would be my absolute maximum comfort zone for range !!

Im generally out dusk & dawn so my question is what scope would be most suited to this rifle ?? and would i be better off with fixed or variable ?? My budget would be about £600.00. Any thoughts on my options ??

Many thanks

schmidt and bender 8x56 fantastic bit of kit. got one on my .243 and am chuffed to bits with it dont think you'll get any better for your money....
regards, Jez.

look for a secondhand quality variable in the 3-12 or 4-16 range, even if it costs a bit more it will save money in the long run as it will be more versatile

Hi all

Im picking up a Tika T3 in .243 next month, which will be used for Fox / Roe & muntjac. Im used to zeroing out to 300 yds so i guess this would be my absolute maximum comfort zone for range !!

Im generally out dusk & dawn so my question is what scope would be most suited to this rifle ?? and would i be better off with fixed or variable ?? My budget would be about £600.00. Any thoughts on my options ??

Many thanks

Hi Airborne
I would go for the Swarovski if budget allows, I have the 8X56 swar on my .22.250 and have comfortably shot roe, I have lamped and shot foxes out to 250m to 300m. I am about to try for a 25.06 and the scope I will put on this will be the swar z6i 2.5-15x56 BT. If you look up Cluny optics, Robin has always given be the best deal and is nice to deal with… I bought a second hand pair of Swarovski el binoculars from him at the Scone game fair this month for a price I couldn’t say no to.

Last edited:
I would say he is used to shooting Mil calibers and zeros high at 100 to give no hold over out to 300 before adjusting the scope.

Ok that i can understand, usually go about 1" high myself.

Wish my eyes would be as good for these 300yd night shots.

8x56 S&B or if you want a better one 8x50 swarovski.
You dont need a variable as to better the above scope's in a variable you will be needing to spend above £900.
As for the swarovski 8x56 its a very good scope but the 8x50 can be mounted lower and is cheaper and just as good.
I have all three and a S&B variable that cost £ 1400, but the swarovski 8x50 is my first choice !

Back