Thread: rut in aberdeenshire

rut in aberdeenshire

hi, been on the oil rigs for a considerable amount of days now. was wondering if anyone has seen any signs of the rut in the aberdeensire area so i get a bit of a headstart on them before i go out. Last outting there was little signs of anything going around due to pre rut blues i thought.

i was up for 10days end of july start of aug and i seen plenty of bucks chasing we had some good bucks .

gadget

I was out at the weekend and saw decent 2 bucks together, and then 4 does none of them had any bucks with them all within 300m of each other. Zero signs on my permissions and with all this "wet sunshine" I'm wondering just whats going on.

I was out last night near Alford and saw a buck chasing a doe on two seperate occasions manging to shoot one of them. I also called in three other bucks but failed to connect. There is plenty of activity just now all I ask is the weather to inprove it's like November just now

Hope you have some success when you are home

Donsider

Quote Originally Posted by donsider View Post
    I was out last night near Alford and saw a buck chasing a doe on two seperate occasions manging to shoot one of them. I also called in three other bucks but failed to connect. There is plenty of activity just now all I ask is the weather to inprove it's like November just now

Hope you have some success when you are home

Donsider
    paul don't shoot them all mate save some for me back up in sept HA HA HA

I was out once more last night on another piece of ground near to Banchory and to say there was plenty of rutting activity would be an understatement. It was like being at the Hamersmith Palais on a Saturday night, not that I have ever visited that establishment but you know what I mean. There was plenty of chasing and I called in three bucks and managed to shoot a very old one too. One buck came in so close I thought he was going to headbut me. However, he realised his mistake and soon scarpered. The weather last night was perfect as we had a hot afternoon with blue sky and sun something of a novilty here given the washout of a summer we have had.

The rut has been very much an on off affair in this part of Aberdeenshire this year when compared with previous years ( I keep a journal for reference). Perhaps other SD members may have views on this.

And Trevor don't worry I will save a buck for you

Donsider

I was out beside Rhynie last night, saw three bucks with does all rutting, as said a bit stop start but not surprising considering the weather.