Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stag stalking

Stag stalking

How expensive is stag stalking? Say a day on the hill? And how steep,(no pun intended ) are the prices? Say a 6-8 pointer? How much does a royal cost?

Just curious as to what the normal prices are...gonna have to start saving!

fortunately I don't have to pay anymore, but I used to pay (a couple of years ago), around 120 for anything between 8 and 10 points, all included for the day.

I've seen some crazy rates of hundreds of pounds per day + trophy fees, and simply wouldn't entertain it. Shop around local highland estates and hill farms that have reds, you'll find much much better deals than those fancy ads in the back of BASC and Shooting Times!

My experience has been that stag stalking will cost you between 400 and 500 for the day including the stag.

If you haven't done it before and are reasonably fit then save as hard as you can and book a day or two as it really is a wonderful experience. I would always suggest 2 days at either end of the week as that gives you time to recover if you get out both days and also hopefully ensures you get at least one day even if the weather writes one day off.

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    fortunately I don't have to pay anymore, but I used to pay (a couple of years ago), around 120 for anything between 8 and 10 points, all included for the day.

I've seen some crazy rates of hundreds of pounds per day + trophy fees, and simply wouldn't entertain it. Shop around local highland estates and hill farms that have reds, you'll find much much better deals than those fancy ads in the back of BASC and Shooting Times!
    How does one "shop around" hill farms for accompanied stag stalking?
    I presume CZ452 is asking for an inclusive price for a day on the hill. If you can get hill stags for 120, book the season!!!
    I reckon caorach is a little more representative of the norm.
    S.

300 to 600 its says in the ADMG magazine this week.

Some places charge about 150 for the outing and extra for the head/trophy,
    As stated by` 6 pointer` this could make it 300-600 .
    Also if you make a cock-up and wreck the carcase you may have to buy it at the game dealers price.

HWH.

As a rule expect to pay between 350 to 500 a day including the beast. However some estates push the price up during the first two weeks of October when the rut is generally at the peak.

I think bottom price is likley to be 350 top price for trophies start adding 0000,s
    Won a stalk on a raffle a few years ago would have cost 470+vat per day shot verrry old 6 pointer and stalker would not let me shoot a hummel (not really into trophies)its the experiance of being there and getting there

Try the Forestry Commission, you pay one fee and that covers everything (outings and trophy)
    Al

Local estate charges 450 plus vat per stag, mature stags of 6 to 10 points Royals are not shot by clients as a rule.

Nothing available this year all days have been let.