Thread: Hi

Hi

Hi all i would like abit of info ive got a reminton 700 223 tactical .And not happy about the base and ring's on it so im thinking of changing them. Not after anything over priced just a good set of base's and scope ring's for my 30mm Swarovski pvl -2 6-24x50L tds-4i.
    any help would be greatfull .

atb W.D

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    I have had Apels, Optilock, Warne and 3rd Eye Tactical on various rifles. I would say that I do like the 3rd Eye set the most. Cost 125 but that's for a 34mm Scope. When the scope gets changed, I will get a set of 30mm for the new scope. Light, 2 piece horozontal split.

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

Quote Originally Posted by tartinjock View Post
    I have had Apels, Optilock, Warne and 3rd Eye Tactical on various rifles. I would say that I do like the 3rd Eye set the most. Cost 125 but that's for a 34mm Scope. When the scope gets changed, I will get a set of 30mm for the new scope. Light, 2 piece horozontal split.

TJ
    Thank you for getting back to me what it is the base has started to come loose and ive not got the same look on it . And thinking about it all the time its buggering my shooting up .

atb W.D

I have Leupold bases on my Remmy 700 and have no reason to complain, however fit them yourself and you will be confident.

D

get some warne or leupold weaver bases. and some tps rings keith.

On my previous remmington 700 cdl/243 and sps 308 i used leupold bases and rings etc they fitted perfectly and like Cyres said fit them your self and you'll feel lot more confident. Thats one of the best bits about getting a new rifle is setting it up

Kinneys shooting supplies for warne rings and bases !

mine arrived after 5 days, bases that were quoted by the UK importers as 6 WEEK wait and 36 plus P&P !

Kinneys price 20 inc del from USA