Thread: finally got foxing on a roll

finally got foxing on a roll

I've not had a very productive start to the year. Work has been getting in the way and i have been letting the other lads shoot, as a result i've only shot 2 to my own rifle this year. Well, Tuesday night i thought it was my turn to have a go with the rifle. I had an invite to go to a bit of ground that i'd never been on but my mate runs a small shoot on. The ground is only about 400 acres but it's very hilly and we were using his vehicle.
    We were out for 2 hours and i shot 12 cubs and 1 full grown dog fox beating my best ever night by 1. the furthest shot was probably about 80m and the closest about 25m we saw 3 more but couldn't get a shot.
    Tonight i went out with the dog and rifle for a quick walk and managed another 2 cubs on my home patch.
    I have got the bug again and have booked the lads for a full night on Saturday.
    Ezzy

Top job well done, I had a cub running rings around me last night, it is the last of the litter and is proving a whily little sod, spent 2 hours sat with the night vision and every time it presented itself the shot wasnt safe. The full moon wasnt helping much either.