cant wait for august the 1st

Distinguished Member
The land i shoot over has fallow on , i went out last night fox shooting (@dusk) and saw 4 prickets, 2 mature bucks, 5 does.

roll on the 1st of august :D:D

i only got permission on this land in march 2011, so this is the start of my first full season on my own local land yipeee. ( i thought it would never happen)

i cant wait

Dave

Hope there still there mate not well up on Fallow my self but unlike roe they might be a million miles away. PS good feeling having your own bit congrats

Last edited:
with my limited experience with fallow there seems no patterns, there one day, gone for two weeks back for 3 days etc etc.

bloody hard to get to grips with, but fun love it.

Dave

I wish today had been Aug 1st. Saw 6 mature fallows and about 8 prickets. In 2 weeks time they would have vanished into thin air :lol:

The land i shoot over has fallow on , i went out last night fox shooting (@dusk) and saw 4 prickets, 2 mature bucks, 5 does.

roll on the 1st of august :D:D

i only got permission on this land in march 2011, so this is the start of my first full season on my own local land yipeee. ( i thought it would never happen)

i cant wait

Dave

well done on getting your own ground mate, for a lot of years i have shot a LOT of wild Fallow and yes they can take the PEE soon as August 1st all you see is Doe doe and more Does. My advice (yes i know how it feels to get your own stalkin} take it easy on the Bucks mate untill they are clean and you see what you have around also give em to much stick they will go Nocturnal or Clear off. Any-way GOOD LUCK and hope to see some pics of success :thumb:

Your culling policy will be dictated by the size of your stalking area and food supply. all the other comments are correct and as you say they can seem to disappear, but if the ground is good for them they will be back but the will get very shy if they are shot heavily. if you take a pricket out from a group of does wait until the does have moved off and are out of sight before you approach. sorry if i am teaching to suck eggs etc have a great season and enjoy your new patch :D

looking good for you dave, hope your problems you were having have stopped on there. speak to you soon mate.

looking good for you dave, hope your problems you were having have stopped on there. speak to you soon mate.

the poachers have not been back, since ive locked all gates and put cctv signs up, so fingers crossed andy.

Looking good for august Dave . I will be up Birmingham way late august so will come up and see you

Atb mate

Steve

Back