Thread: Loving the HMR

Loving the HMR

Not been out with the HMR for a while, planning a late night tomorrow on the bunnies and foxing wiht the 6.5 so called at local farm tongiht just to check zero on the HMR. Got to the gate to climb into the field, saw a couple of bunnies out in the field at apx 150 yards. Set the 2nd mildot onto it adn dropped it on the spot. Ranged it when I got to it at 170 yards. No matter how many other rifles I get I still love taking the HMR out. Nice bit of kit for long range bunny shooting. Ohh did I mention there was 0 breeze

done the same thing myself monday night, the bullet is there, when the trigger just breaks, bunnies just drop, great little rifle, never taken a fox with it yet though.deerwarden

Took mine out this evening for the first time in a while, couple of easy bunnies early on, then nothing.
    Till a fox popped out and sat looking at me, what a thing to happen, both 22 hornet and .223 at home and not zeroed.
    I just couldn't resist, bang and down she went, but to my mind it still isn't a fox calibre, between the eyes or nothing for me.

Neil.

I regret selling mine, its a great little round.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    Took mine out this evening for the first time in a while, couple of easy bunnies early on, then nothing.
    Till a fox popped out and sat looking at me, what a thing to happen, both 22 hornet and .223 at home and not zeroed.
    I just couldn't resist, bang and down she went, but to my mind it still isn't a fox calibre, between the eyes or nothing for me.

Neil.

Nice shooting Agree. Itys not an ideal Fox cal however, with a fox taht isnt lamp shy adn will sit just long enough for you to draw a bead inbetween the eyes then IMHO its fine. Best Ive shot was 150 yards right between the eyes. Still stands out as my best shot ever(probably becasue I ahdnt had the rifle that long by then) and that includes over 200 yards shots with the 6.5. Ive taken a lot of foxes with the HMR and so have my mates but always head shots. Ive read a few people dropping them with a chest shot but I think there is too much risk of a miss.