Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sako 75 custom barrel .243 Win

Sako 75 custom barrel .243 Win

I have listed my 243 on Guntrader this morning.

http://www.guntrader.co.uk/GunsForSale/110716094400034

Regards JCS

that must have made you weep!
    What custom tack driver do you have in the pipeline now?!

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    that must have made you weep!
    What custom tack driver do you have in the pipeline now?!
    Ed. No plans, just need to get from 3 jointly held deer rifles to 2. With the work that's been done on the 243 recently and the good results (on paper) I will reluctantly part with it for the right offer.

Regards JCS

Quote Originally Posted by jcampbellsmith View Post
    Ed. No plans, just need to get from 3 jointly held deer rifles to 2. With the work that's been done on the 243 recently and the good results (on paper) I will reluctantly part with it for the right offer.

Regards JCS
    That's the problem of finally getting the rifle 'perfect', having found that magical load/bullet/powder combination, and having reached the apex of what you can obtain with a particular rifle....now all you can do is shoot it,,but without the ability to improve on it further, there's something 'missing'...It's the subconcious desire for perfection that's making you sell it JC, now that you've come to the end of the road with this old boy, you need to get there with the 260!

great looking .243 though, really like the Darrell Holland stocks, even though I'm not a thumbhole kind of guy. One thing,,how did you get a Sako action into a DH stock? I'd love one of his laminate safari or varmint stocks, but thought they would only take a remmy action?..

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    .... One thing,,how did you get a Sako action into a DH stock? I'd love one of his laminate safari or varmint stocks, but thought they would only take a remmy action?..
    243 - Sako 75 action, Richards Microfit laminated stock.
    260 - Remington 700 SA, Darrell Holland thumbhole stock.

Regards JCS

Some details from the ad on Guntrader. 1350 or nearest reasonable offer.

Original rifle purchased by me from York Guns in May 2002. Richards Microfit laminate stock pillar bedded and fitted by Thomson & Campbell. Note that the thumbhole is fitted for a large hand. Varmint 243 rebarrelled with Borders 1:8 Archer barrel - round count now ~1100. Threaded 1/2 inch x 20 UNF. Devcon bedded by Grant Taylor. Trigger polished and adjusted to 2lb by Grant Taylor. Scope rings included in the sale. The stock has recently been refinished as cleaner was spilt on the butt. There are two small marks on the forend where the Harris bipod clashes. The complete set of spare bolt keys, manual and bolt decocker are included in the sale. Scope, moderator, sling and bipod not included in sale. Current set of 100 fired Lapua cases included in sale and current load recipes. Test groups shot in July available on request. 23/7/11 First place out of 10 in competition. 24/7/11 Second place out of 18 in competition.

As per my gallery. More photos available on request via e-Mail. Thanks JCS

The Guntrader ad has expired without a reasonable offer being received. The rifle is still being used and still for sale. Regards JCS

Rifle still for sale and on 28/8/11 I was second out of 30 in competition with it. Regards JCS

No longer for sale. A 6XC barrel has been ordered for this rifle. Regards JCS

Change of plan - the rifle is for sale. 900 or nearest offer.

***************11/3/12 update - see Guntrader for latest pricing.*************

I have had a number of queries and I can confirm that for the right offer, I will sell the laminate stock by itself.

Original rifle purchased by me from York Guns in May 2002. Richards Microfit laminate stock pillar bedded and fitted by Thomson & Campbell. Note that the thumbhole is fitted for a large hand. Varmint 243 rebarrelled with Borders 1:8 Archer barrel - round count now ~2000. Threaded 1/2 inch x 20 UNF. Devcon bedded by Grant Taylor. Trigger polished and adjusted to 2lb by Grant Taylor. Scope rings included in the sale. The stock has recently been refinished as cleaner was spilt on the butt. There are two small marks on the forend where the Harris bipod clashes. The complete set of spare bolt keys, manual and bolt decocker are included in the sale. Scope, moderator, sling and bipod not included in sale. 23/7/11 First place out of 10 in competition. 24/7/11 Second place out of 18 in competition. 28/8/11 Second place out of 30 in competition.

I shot the following target in practice on 26/2/12 using the laminate stock. 2 shots prone on the left, followed by 2 off elbows, 2 sitting and 2 standing.

As per my gallery. More photos available on request via e-Mail. Thanks JCSAttachment 13279

***************11/3/12 update - see Guntrader for latest pricing.*************
    Last edited by jcampbellsmith; 11-03-2012 at 16:47. Reason: Can be split up.