Thread: Backstop question

Backstop question

I have just come back from a week working in Cambridge, (the place is Full of Hot Totty )
    Now with all that very flat land how do you ensure a good backstop when shooting?

Brian

You only ever shoot at deer in a north easterly direction - then it's not a problem

Simple ! ensure you shoot from a highseat Duh! failing that find a binging and a bonging tree!!I believe 222cwd is looking for one! Ha, :et touch'e 222.cwd . T ake your own beer crate!
    Trapper

Simple ! ensure you shoot from a highseat Duh! failing that find a binging and a bonging tree!!I believe 222cwd is looking for one! Ha, :et touch'e 222.cwd . T ake your own beer crate!
    Trapper

Some of my stalking is in the flatlands and 99% of the shots are from highseats, l also have a large area of fenland that l do vermin control on and we shoot .22 up to 243 from the back of a hilux so therefor shooting down, the fen soil is very fine and soft and absorbs the energy of a round very well, also making good use of the banks of the numurus dykes when we can, also knowing the ground intermatly is a great advantage.

It is a worry and there are many shots we turn down because of the safty aspect they will be there another day in a safer place or we get set up in a safer place and wait for them if they are a regular to one place.

I now a man who knows where the binging and bonging tree is and i cant wait to see it i have a crate all ready

monynut
    Thanks for that, I did wonder and thought that a high seat must of been the only answer