Thread: The Open and weather?

The Open and weather?

I've been watching The Open and wonder how typical the weather is for mid-summer southern England? Where I live in far southern Texas it would be typical winter weather for us. We seldom have frost or freezing, but of corse we have many days above 100%. A cool day, in the summer where I hunt, would be rainy with a low of 70 and a high in the upper 80s. capt david

SD Regular
    The weather is not typical for an English Summer's day. In the South it is light at around 04:30 at this time of year, dark towards 22:00. Days will be predominantly dry, but there will be clouds and light winds prevailing from the South West. It will rain a few days in the month. Average daytime temperature is around 22degC (72degF) with nighttime some 10deg cooler. We have just had a fairly long spell of unseasonally dry weather and you are looking at our 'catchup'!!
    Temperatures do rise higher, but any prolonged hot spell tends to lead to the humidity building up quite quickly and thunderstorms.

HTH

E t R
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Quote Originally Posted by captdavid View Post
    I've been watching The Open and wonder how typical the weather is for mid-summer southern England? Where I live in far southern Texas it would be typical winter weather for us. We seldom have frost or freezing, but of corse we have many days above 100%. A cool day, in the summer where I hunt, would be rainy with a low of 70 and a high in the upper 80s. capt david
    Ahhh that explains why the weather has turned chilly and wet.. damned open is on.. It's like Wimbledon .................................... jinxed/cursed..

In Yorkshire we have had a dry week untill about 7-30Am today then rain and wind till 4-00as per the open now Im going to look round for a roe buck its a really nice evening..

Open? Golf?? England???
    /l\ Y gwir yn erbyn y byd /l\

Quote Originally Posted by Iwrch View Post
    Open? Golf?? England???
    Correct!!!

Quote Originally Posted by downwind View Post
    Correct!!!
    Ha! Mab Kernow!!
    /l\ Y gwir yn erbyn y byd /l\

Quote Originally Posted by Iwrch View Post
    Ha! Mab Kernow!!

tooo many gin &tonics iwrch